withdrawn

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've fallen in love with my Surly 29er so much that I'm selling my still lovely 853 On-One Inbred to put the money towards other projects.

£750 ono collected from Manchester M21

IMHO the best hardtail you'll get for the money. I may split but would MUCH prefer to sell in one easy transaction and it works perfectly as a whole. No postage available on the complete bike, I'd really like to sell it face to face.

LOADS more pics available!

Condition is very good, I built it up in March and its been ridden twice since so it's immaculately clean and fully fettled.

Good spec too and lots of nice little details, perfect tough XC hardtail for the 6 footers out there, handles fantastic!

Forks are lovely, I leave them at 115mm but they will wind down to 85mm.

Chain, cassette and rings are barely worn, the wheels are super smooth and bombroof, tyres are great, brakes good etc.

I bought the frame secondhand on here about 6 months ago. Typically for these frame it had a bit of chainsuck so I lightly sanded it down, touched up the paint and fitted an extra heavy duty chainstay protector (made from hard plastic and bar tape) and a 'custom' anti-chainsuck device (made from an old chainguide plate) both of which work perfectly and give you small chainline adjustment options.

I had planned to powdercoat it but I liked the blue too much - it goes really nicely with the gold Hope bits - so sale includes full replacement decal kit (including 853 decal) as well as 20mm adaptors for the front wheel, all the paperwork for the forks.

I might even chuck in a brand new bleed kit and spare pads for the brakes if I get my asking price.

7703395128_3f916c32db_b.jpg

Spec is very slightly different to what you can see in the pic as follows:

Frame: On-One Inbred Reynolds 853 size 20" c-t
+ gold bolts for bottle cage and rack mounts, custom chainstay protector, custom anti-chainsuck device, full set replacement Inbred 853 decals

Fork: Rock Shox Reba Team Air U-Turn
85-115mm travel (with adjustable Pop-Loc, adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping) and nice long steerer

Headset: Hope gold + matching gold Hope Head Doctor

Stem: Race Face Evolve XC 31.8 x 70mm + titanium bolts
have same stem in 90mm if preferred

Handlebar: Race Face Atlas lo-rise 680mm

Grips: Specialized Dual Compound

Brakes: Hayes Stroker Trail 203mm / 160mm
custom rear IS mount to fit frame better

Shifters: Deore XT M760 (2-Way Release type) + gold clamp bolts
lefthand indicator removed to accommodate Pop-Loc lever

Front Derailleur: Deore XT M751
proper 28.6mm band conventional swing type with gold cable and band clamp bolts

Rear Derailleur: Deore XT M750 long cage
+ Avid Rollamajig + gold cable clamp bolt

Gear Cables: Clarks / Jagwire

Cassette: SRAM PC980 11-34 + gold lockring

Chain: SRAM PC951 + gold Powerlink

Cranks: Deore XT M760 HTII

LH Crank Bolt: KCNC gold

Chainrings: Truvativ
44t alloy outer, 32t steel middle and 22t inner

Chainring bolts: gold ano

Bottom Bracket: Race Face DH X-Type gold + custom BB shell spacers

Pedals: your choice of flats or SPDs

Hub Skewers: Hope QR gold

Rims: Mavic D521
never been used with rim brakes

Hubs: Hope XC gold rear / Hope Bulb gold front
adaptors for 20mm bolt-thru included but not fitted

Tyres: Specialized Pro Resolution folding 2.1"

Tubes: Continental + gold Schraeder valve caps

Saddle: Charge Spoon (tan)

Seatpost: Bontrager 27.2mm

Seatpost Binder: Hope QR gold

GT-Steve":2nr2adj2 said:
really hope you don't split.. but the frame interests me.

Same here, but dibs anything gold just in case! :LOL: Still umming over those forks for the Sandy too...

GT-Steve":3p7ih8ty said:
really hope you don't split.. but the frame interests me.

Same here, but dibs anything gold just in case! :LOL: Still umming over those forks for the Sandy too...

Back