The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giant Coldrock...whats it worth?

Harveys":wqcmcpfo said:
I have a Giant Coldrock...had it since about 1990? It used to be used on a regular basis, but was 'garaged' when the chain started to jump off occasionally (I am no bike expert!) I bought another bike & the Coldrock has sat in my nice dry garage since.
Looks like it was a lowish-end model, running Exage *00LX components and so you'd be lucky to get £30 or more. Worth sticking it on eBay, someone will buy it.

I'm helping a work colleague get sorted with a bike after we found his Nishiki Alien has numerous cracks around the head tube. After picking up a 97 Trek 9700 frame for him I'm looking to get sorted with suitable components...which means the groupset off his Nishiki will need to go to help fund it.

I've got a full Suntour XC Pro groupset here. Brakes, mechs and chainset. The brakes are in excellent condition, the mechs have a little corrosion, but should clean up ok. Chainset is looking good too, but has a set of pedals stuck in it.

Is there much demand for early 90's Suntour stuff? What kind of price could he be expecting for the parts? I think we'd leave the brakes together as a set, and possible the gears too?

Thanks in advance, Matt

Hi all.

Relative newcomer to the site but I was directed here.

I have what I think is a March 1994 Orange P7 (frame # A4032609))

I'm uhhmming and ahhing about restoring this V selling it as is and wondered what it might be worth in its current state.

Frame itself seems in reasonable condition, components need sprucing up. As far as I'm aware, these are the original components, I certianly never upgraded them and I've had the bike since about '97 - though I bought a 2000 P7 to supercede this, so it's not been ridden in about 12 years.

Thanks in advance.

Some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_4191.jpg
    IMG_4191.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,487
Hi all. How much do you think my pre-production Rockshox boxxers are worth? I believe they are 96-97. They come with axle and are in fully working order, worth mentioning that 2 of the crown bolts were rounded off so I removed them (see pic) all threads are perfect though just needs 2 bolts. These were only given to pro riders to test. I am looking to sell as they are just on my wall atm and I need funds for other projects.

Attachments

• IMG-20121004-01165.jpg
    IMG-20121004-01165.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG-20121004-01168.jpg
    IMG-20121004-01168.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,473
  • Lobo4.jpg
    Lobo4.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,474
Looking to possibly sell these Tigoa Psycho kevlar bead, they also say TT and Edge?

What do you think they are worth?

P1000229.jpg

I hope I'm doing this right...

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me an idea of how much my Raleigh M-Trax was worth? I have established, by asking here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1677421 and here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1677351 that it’s most likely to be a 1995 (I thought it was a 1994, but close) Raleigh “Team Edition” M-Trax Series 2, which I have been told was at the cheaper end of the bikes with titanium main tubes, “so a decent frame with fairly low spec components, ripe for upgrading”.

I have all of the documents (even including a picture of the Franco Cipolletti who made it on a card marked “Raleigh Special Products Division”!), and the other bits that came with it (bike instructions, bits about the gripshft, an Allen key, etc.)

It’s got a 45 cm (17.7 in) frame (as written on a sticker on the documents, and this matches with one of the sizes the brochure and seems to be the approx. length of the length of the seat tube). IIRC, they seemed to recommend a slightly smaller frame at the time, but move the seat higher (than on other bikes I’ve had).

About the only change on it is the tyres and the seat to something that’s more for riding on the roads rather than off-road.

I couldn’t find how to images directly in this post, so I added some to a gallery, here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/user_albums/LozK/

Apologies for it not being pristine in the photos. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you for your help!

ChrisBrown81":fop32n1o said:
Hi all. How much do you think my pre-production Rockshox boxxers are worth? I believe they are 96-97. They come with axle and are in fully working order, worth mentioning that 2 of the crown bolts were rounded off so I removed them (see pic) all threads are perfect though just needs 2 bolts. These were only given to pro riders to test. I am looking to sell as they are just on my wall atm and I need funds for other projects.

What makes/proves that are a 'prototype' and not just a 1998 BoXXer Pro ?
Though prototype tends not to fetch any more unless a frame of quirkiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back