Saddle restoration

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Blimey ..250 quid !

As I mentioned Brooks (stepping back to the 70's) were a fabulous company and didn't seem to be that affected by being taken over by TI/ Sturmey archer. They would always look after a Brooks saddle however neglected / knackered or help out with other makes...... as long as it's not "pining for the fjords"

At a price :D

Maybe they could help??

Long shot......

Shaun

PS

I am going to try the patch technique detailed above first ... the rip looks worse in the photo than real life ...

Thanks all for the tips

Have you thought of enquiring at any 'old school' shoe repairers ?

If they can renew the leather on a shoe i'm sure they could do a saddle
or maybe contact the company in the link Rob put up.

If the saddle is worth £250 surely £50 won't hurt :)

Ian Raleigh":21jpms34 said:
Have you thought of enquiring at any 'old school' shoe repairers ?

If they can renew the leather on a shoe i'm sure they could do a saddle
or maybe contact the company in the link Rob put up.

If the saddle is worth £250 surely £50 won't hurt :)

That's a thought ... BTW that saddle at £250 is NOS not what I have I don't think mine is valuable, anyway it's value is irrelevant as it's part of the bike I'm putting back together. If I looked at the value of the bits I'd break it and put them all on eBay but then the bike would be "lost" for ever.

I used to work at a Shoe factory and on many occasions i've taken a knackered saddle
into the press/cutting department and they ripped off the old leather and re-newed it perfectly,Wish I still worked there :cry:

Thanks to all for the tips on patching; I followed them and I'm pretty happy with the result, I didn't want to go with the recover due to all the metal trim parts.

saddle3.jpg

saddle4.jpg

Back