Safety wear.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
BOOtS!

http://safetybootsuk.co.uk/

This website ok? Cant find any reviews for it.
Need some safety boots that need steel toe and oil resistant. They give me £20 towards some which is fine i guess but im happy to spend up to £50/60.
Want them to be comfy as i will be on my feet all day. Also want them to look good cos im poncey like that. Will be ordering tonight i expect as need them for monday so will be close call if not a little late. The more standards they meet the better i guess but as above minimum.
Ideally black.

This sort of style:
dewalt-apprentice-boot-297-p.jpg

CANYON.jpg

Quite like the canyon. Would like lightweight if possible but comfort/damping would be nice.
Anyone have any opinions?

Had these before and wow, they were terrible:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0035TP9...ve=22134&creativeASIN=B0035TP9CM&linkCode=asn

I've got ones similar to this. Yep that's right, steel toecap sandals!! I work indoors and you can get really hot feet during the day and these work a treat and very comfy. I recommended them to a friend who was doing charity work in Africa and he said they were perfect and most of the people he works with have them now.

441973688_477.jpg

What sort of work will you be doing? Boots like the ones you've shown can get uncomfortable depending on what you doing in them - I go for more hiker style ones (like today's purchase http://www.dickiesstore.co.uk/workwear/ ... /fd9202/0/) as I do loads of mileage every day in them

I found Dickies suit my feet nicely, had some Cats before - one pair fell apart, one pair destroyed my feet! A lot of the Cat look alikes all come from the same factory, get down to Wickes or Screwfix and try a few on....

google a website called boots4all and look for a brand called Aimont

I've been using the brand for over 5 years, composite toecap helps keep weight down, non slip sole out performs my walking boots on wet and slippy surfaces. Always replaced the insole with a comfort gel one and they are great to wear all day. I do the ordering for safety boots at works and a few of the lads now use them, they all say how good they are.

Edit to add - the site listed no longer sells the model i brought, can be found on the net though

Will be cnc/mill machining so just standing really. Not sure on the sandals as wouldnt like to get swarf in there etc. but a good idea as i do get sweaty feet (doesnt everybody?). I think i just got used to the idea that they will smell at some point.

Chelsea boots are cool but im no mod and really not my style.

I thought the ones i liked were a good medium between comfort/style/coverage - the hiker ones linked i like but look a bit much for overheating and such.
Ankle support is nice though so would prefer boot design. Thanks for the heads up on cat ones! Shame as some are nice.
Dont think i will get the opportunity to try some as i need them for monday and only found out today what spec they need to be - busy place.

What model Aimont boots do you have?
Insole replacement is a great idea, i have done that on some shoes before.

Don't buy Dewalt ones they are overpriced and made of cheese.
Amblers boots are good if you are on a budget, DM's are still quality boots.
I've got some Contek ones at the moment that are really comfy, they cost about £35

cyfa2809":5hk2oisg said:
What model Aimont boots do you have?

First pair were Flight's and were superb, literally wore them till they wore out, could tolerate fairly deep water too

71080.jpg

Replaced them with some Leopards, bit more jazzy lol - Mrs used to take the piss but i liked them, downfall was the air pocket in the sole, and it was the sole wearing thro and letting in water that ended them - again got some serious use out of them, light enough for all round use.

leopard_71345__25371_zoom.jpg

Went back to a pair of Flights, but they seem to have dropped a bit of quality, long wet grass (morning dog walk before work) and there is damp coming in, plus they are a lot darker than the first pic. Could just be a one off, could be cheaper production methods. Guess they are fine if you just use them in the dry :p

Back