Anyone scared of cats?

My GF went to the cat rescue to get a cat a couple of weeks ago. I love cats so was looking forward to having one to play with as they are great fun when they are young.

She came back with a 16 year old one as she felt sorry for it as it had been in the centre for a year and nobody wanted it. :cry:

It's a lovely wee thing, very friendly and affectionate but does absolutely nothing. Just sleeps, occasionally it will move from one sleeping spot to another and that's about it. It is pretty much deaf so doesn't even notice when you get in, I suspect it may be slightly senile as well.

No sane person would have chosen this cat. But then again a sane person wouldn't buy leopardskin earmuffs either!

8050255206_e9b43be4aa_z.jpg

Tazio":1e9dm0rt said:
My GF went to the cat rescue to get a cat a couple of weeks ago. I love cats so was looking forward to having one to play with as they are great fun when they are young.

She came back with a 16 year old one as she felt sorry for it as it had been in the centre for a year and nobody wanted it. :cry:

It's a lovely wee thing, very friendly and affectionate but does absolutely nothing. Just sleeps, occasionally it will move from one sleeping spot to another and that's about it. It is pretty much deaf so doesn't even notice when you get in, I suspect it may be slightly senile as well.

No sane person would have chosen this cat. But then again a sane person wouldn't buy leopardskin earmuffs either!

8050255206_e9b43be4aa_z.jpg
Love the ear muffs

As to rescue cats I would be concerned that as they are generally ill treated moggies they will not be house trained or in fact house trainable. I admire you for going down that route though.

As to fear of cats, no, but I have never liked any cats apart from my childhood pet that died when I was 21, I'm now just approaching 46.

Alison

Every one of our cats has been rescued to some extent or other, most through the Cat's Protection League... none of them have been a problem for house training.

The last two came from a house where over 30 cats stayed, in none too hygienic conditions! Even they learned reasonably quickly, though it took about a month and many baths to get the unbearable stench and yellow staining out of their fur.

One of the two is easily the most entertaining and interactive of all the cats we've ever had, like a dog born in a cat's body! This is them...

Raging_Bulls":2tgk9893 said:
There's absolutely no reason to be afraid of cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oEYH7m1cmo

You made my day! :D

At the end of video two lion females and hyena! :shock: :LOL:

To topic:
I understand that someone can be scared of cats. I do not like cat haters.
I hate see cats (not only) as roadkills (which I sadly do too often) :evil: and also sadly I am not always able to proper bury them,so at least I try to put them off the road.

02gf74":1y0bq27q said:
do not click if of a nervous dispostion or you are feeble minded and suscpetible to nightmares. You have been warned

And in case you think he's joking, he's not. That warning is genuine and that stuff is sick (and not in a good way either)

Raging_Bulls":ulafuz5e said:
02gf74":ulafuz5e said:
do not click if of a nervous dispostion or you are feeble minded and suscpetible to nightmares. You have been warned

And in case you think he's joking, he's not. That warning is genuine and that stuff is sick (and not in a good way either)

hilarious. most of them look they were stuffed completely by surprise...

Back