Anyone scared of cats?

silverclaws":3ryjiu02 said:
No, I have a certain affinity with cats, whenever I am out and about cats will come to me without me making the effort to entice them.

do you dress up as an old comfy cushion?

Iwasgoodonce":1f19dfg2 said:
I have a pair of retro cats. Briggs and Louis. Their retro names are from which television programme?

Too easy - The Detectives with Robert Powell & Jasper Carrott. :)

Incidentally, what actually constitutes a retro cat? Obligatory I Can Has Cheezburger?-based suggestion here:

04752006-6ec0-43a0-b3b6-a9a978cd545f.jpg

David

REKIBorter":1nlc4mpt said:
Cats love my front garden. Flipping things use it as a communal meeting point and crap on the grass. If I spot one the best deterant is to throw water at it from an upstairs window. Never been a cat person and never will be.

got a cure for that, cats hate citrus, so when you've washed your bike with citrus cleaner, or flash lemon etc tip the water on the ground, where they crap. they won't go near it any more.

REKIBorter":25mw84wv said:
Cats love my front garden. Flipping things use it as a communal meeting point and crap on the grass. If I spot one the best deterant is to throw water at it from an upstairs window. Never been a cat person and never will be.

Where I am we often have problems with feral cats. People in town drop their problem cats off at the edge of town, they breed, and go wild in one generation. I have a solution, and it doesn't involve citrus products.

One of my wife's friends is terrified of cats; as is one of her daughters. Guess with any phobia - it's irrational, that's sort of the point. :)

Personally I love cats. Apart from when they claw the furniture.

My cat also enjoys spending one of the two minutes a day that I actually have free to sit and read on clawing my face to be stroked. Not stroking me? *claw* Still not stroking me? *claw* throwing a cushion at me? *feck* *claw* feed me! <- life with a cat. :)

I know several people who are genuinely terrified of cats, without being exactly sure why - no doubt in the same way many people are afraid of even harmless spiders.

Have to admit that while I like both cats and dogs I'd be slightly nervous about being in the middle of a pile of lions !

Back