Looking for MTB Pro Magazine - Anyone remember it?

Carl170

Dirt Disciple
Hi Everyone. This is my first post.

I really loved MTB pro magazine back in the day, (1994-96) were my riding heydays!. I am looking to start a collection. I say start because I have only managed to find 1 so far.

I would dearly love to find one issue in particular though - it is the Oct 1994 issue with "Get it Sussed" on the cover.

I would be grateful if anyone has a duplicate copy for sale, or knows where I may find a copy.

Thanks in advance!

Now, A little bit about my retro riding, as I cannot see a section where you introduce yourself....

I started riding in 1994 on a Raleigh Activator 2 which cost £199. I realised very soon it was an expensive (for what it was) hunk of junk.

I saved for ages to get the deposit for a Scott Boulder, which was £425 , which seemed a big chunk of money at the time. I used to ride my Scott boulder everywhere, along with a mate, who had also bought a Boulder after trying it. The Scott was stolen from my garage by some basket in Aug 95.

Regards

Carl

MTB Pro

MTB Pro was (and still is in my opinion) the best mountain bike magazine ever written! It was aimed at people who understood bikes, rode bikes and had a bit of intelligence about them :)

The nearest I've found to a mag that hits at that level is Privateer which is absolutely great but very expensive (I just sold my copies on ebay to finance my latest build...)

Good luck with finding copies of MTB Pro and if you do find any, remember to post scans of the mag here in RetroBikeUK for the rest of us to enjoy! ;)

Yes I remember it, these are the only ones I have left. I must have thrown the rest away :oops:

I have no idea why I kept these ones in particular, although the April '96 has a tribute article to Jason McRoy, I think I have some old MBUK's for the same reason.

I've just been flicking through them and it's brought back lots of memories, some good and some not so good.

And before you ask, no you can't have them! Happy to scan them for you though.

Attachments

• PA030437.JPG
    PA030437.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 810
I not only have that issue but also have a Scott boulder frame
Where are you in this island ?
If you can get to the middle you are welcome to the frame and I might sell my mtb pro collection if only I can remember what I paid for it originally

Johnboy":14dsyehr said:
Yes I remember it, these are the only ones I have left. I must have thrown the rest away :oops:

I have no idea why I kept these ones in particular, although the April '96 has a tribute article to Jason McRoy, I think I have some old MBUK's for the same reason.

I've just been flicking through them and it's brought back lots of memories, some good and some not so good.

And before you ask, no you can't have them! Happy to scan them for you though.

Ooooh!!! Any chance you would be able to scan the Orange E3 Vs Pace RC200 article please?

Been after that for ages!

MTB Pro Copies for Sale

Guys- I have the following MTB Pro copies for sale;

1: £8 Uk posted
4 / 5 / 6: £5 Uk posted each
9 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 31: £4.50 Uk posted each

Will also be posting in For Sale category

Latest posts

Back