Whiskey town racer (DONE)

For the love of pete lower that FD and align your chain rings correctly! Correcting the seatpost direction was a good start.

Tc":2txnxlx4 said:
It really is all in the detail with this build it's the hardest build I've had but the most rewarding to date!
F22AF9BB-236C-434B-BCD0-CD24D60CE3CB-745-0000016BD0DDE942_zpse8b47454.jpg

Please don't take this personally but the photos suggest a complete lack of attention to detail in many areas of the build. It should be lovely when its done but there are so many schoolboy errors it makes is hard to look at the photos.

That's what I love about this place, it's all about enthusiasts helping one another out.... whoops, no sorry, that must be another forum :evil:

NeilM":32z43jjj said:
That's what I love about this place, it's all about enthusiasts helping one another out.... whoops, no sorry, that must be another forum :evil:

Quite...

This is a stunning bike. Looking forward to seeing it dirty and used... :cool:

Please don't take this personally

sentences that begin like this always end up provoking!

on another higher note, i really like this build. i like the front mech height, i liked the bars ends, and i preferred it with the seat post the other way round :p paint job is positively arousing! :shock:

what are the ritchey canti's like?

twain":3sn8ecvp said:

on another higher note, i really like this build. i like the front mech height, i liked the bars ends, and i preferred it with the seat post the other way round :p paint job is positively arousing! :shock:

what are the ritchey canti's like?

Will report back on the ritcheys when we've cabled up.
& sorry to disappoint you but I'll probably lower the fm won't use the bar ends & I'll keep the post this way around! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think it's a a beauty :cool: Get them cables on, a few tweaks and good to go. Definitely on my wishlist :D

twain":2np2mb3z said:

Thought provoking only and not in a negative sense. The OP commented on it being all in the detail and followed that statement with a photo of an incorrectly laced front hub. To me that doesn't really show attention to detail.

The OP appears to be having fun building their bike and learning along the way, they may just save themselves some frustration down the track by putting it all together right the first time rather than having to redo things to correct silly mistakes.

andrewl":2mxczm69 said:
with a photo of an incorrectly laced front hub. .

Why is that incorrectly laced? QR is on the wrong way round sure......but the wheel build looks fine.

Also......how else do you learn if not by making mistakes. I think the 'detail' in question relates to the choice of components in relation to the frame.... not in the way they are bolted on. I doubt TC would even think about riding it without it being fully sorted first.

Back