1988 Univega Alpina Pro - Updated w/ drop bar conversion

that is really nice. univega's really are under rated. I have 2 and love them although both mine are alloy frames. good luck with the paint stripping and enjoy your bike
regards
tony

decided to go for gold and just hit it with paint stripper. it needs another round of stripping, but in the mean time, here's a lil tease :evil:

forkm.jpg

After 1st round of paint stripping and ready for round 2

paintremoval2.jpg

Remove that paint!!!
paintremoval.jpg

unfotunately my cam ran out of batteries after that LOL. 95% of the old paint is gone but I missed some spots so not quite done yet :roll:

Wow. What a unexpected twist :shock: Looks good so far. Will you restore decals or leave frame as is?

Radoslaw":3ub3yjas said:
Will you restore decals or leave frame as is?

i looked around and couldn't find any decals with "squared off" Univega logo.. but honestly i'm really digging how it look without the decals so I don't plan on putting them back any time soon

Ok, finally done with the stripping! the sun had gone down the light wasn't the greatest, but here's some pics!

pretty steep head tube angle for an 80s MTB.. one reason I was drawn to this bike
p1010086u.jpg

The welds and workmanship on the frame are really nice
p1010092g.jpg

Chromed canti bosses = teh sex
p1010096rb.jpg

I think I've got the answer for unicrown fork haters
p1010107j.jpg

No decals needed!
p1010097vk.jpg

Looks great!

If you took some decent pictures of the decals you can always get another set made up.

thanks.. honestly i'm not too worried about the decals. The frame looks better without them imo, and I like the "ghosted" look that they left behind.

it's kind of in style to have a debaged bike around here anyways..

that looks to be an earlier model.. 5 speed freewheel, no ubrake and riser bars.. 85 or earlier? I'm not sure. Does look to have the same finish, and imo much cooler decals. If i put any decals back on i'd probably just go with the rainbow U decal on the seat tube and maybe a smaller U logo on the head tube

Back