HELP! Retro shoe ADVICE.

luckyskull76

Retro Guru
hello all,
I am looking to get a second-hand pair of retro cycling shoes. Something like these Sidi Tecno shoes. Fluro or bright colours is a must, i want to be a blur of colour. I am a size 9, should i get a size 10? It's hard to try them on as i will be buying them online.....If i can find a pair.....
any advice?
ScreenShot2012-09-30at132637.png

As retro is the new cool, don't expect them to be cheap - they do come up on ebay fairly regularly. Likewise, try Diadora or Duegi for 1980s fluoro- magnificence. Also worth looking on ebay.it as Italian sellers tend not to list internationally.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ha ha, i know. im so hip. maybe in my old age im getting cooler....... would a size 45 fit a normally size 9 foot? do sidi shoes come up smaller?

Shoe sizes for Italian makes is a bit hit and miss.....we sold Atala sport and other Italian makes and they were much smaller and narrower than UK sizes.......

Shimano shoes are just as bad as I'm a 43 and can just squeeze into a Shimano 44 with no socks !!

I'd think about 44 and swap socks :)

Shaun

Sidi's did have have half (Euopean) sizes at that time, I remember. Mind that you can better buy SIDI shoes sligtly bigger. I did buy the first pair SIDI back in 1976. Leather at that time, but alreaduy with adjustable plates for toeclips at that time ofcourse. Later I bought a nes pair with already mesh nylon, still the toeclips version. To my iopinion there are no better ones than SIDI.

i'm after the same thing.... my shimano shoes are 43. I had sidi tecno in a 42 and they were a little tight. will probably look for a 43 or 44.

just picked up these from a forum member....size 44, been told they fit like a 43, will see how they come up. will report back.......
sidi2_727.jpg

they arrived in the post yesterday. they look amazing, but feel quite tight, my large toe is pushed right up to the end, maybe a 45 would have been closer to a uk 9........

Sidis size small. I take a 43 shoe and a 43 Sidi but I can't wear socks with the Sidi's as they are about 1/2 to 1 size smaller.

I'd be interested in the ones you have if you want to sell

Back