Any tips for buying eBay items as soon as they're listed?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
A little background might be useful. Looking to buy a new compact camera. The Canon eBay outlet > http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/canon_uk1/m.html has some good buy it now deals on refurbed compacts on occasion. Only problem is when reviewing the auctions the good stuff goes within 1 or 2 minutes of being listed.

Anyway of setting up an automated buy it now or getting automated (and instant) notifications? Clearly could sit all day hitting refresh on the browser but that might get old quickly....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I can't see any way to get instant info on a seller's new listings, other than setting up email alerts/watching their auction items and constantly checking.

I often approach a seller and ask about items and have had them list something for me if they won't sell off Ebay.

Which model are you looking for?

You can save specific searches that you do and then set up to be alerted when anything within those particular search parameters is listed.
I use the iPhone & iPad ebay apps too and the alert on these apps is instant when a saved search item I'm after is listed, although I do get email alerts too but the email alerts seem to be delayed.

Might be worth checking Amazon as well. I've seen the same item cheaper on Amazon than Ebay sometimes :)

highlandsflyer":1r2jryod said:
I can't see any way to get instant info on a seller's new listings, other than setting up email alerts/watching their auction items and constantly checking.

I often approach a seller and ask about items and have had them list something for me if they won't sell off Ebay.

Which model are you looking for?

Not a bad idea, will drop them a note.

Looking at the S95 and G12 or similar.

1210tech":1r2jryod said:
You can save specific searches that you do and then set up to be alerted when anything within those particular search parameters is listed.
I use the iPhone & iPad ebay apps too and the alert on these apps is instant when a saved search item I'm after is listed, although I do get email alerts too but the email alerts seem to be delayed.

Good idea. Just setup a search on my android phone although sadly it won't let you specify seller. Any idea how instant it is?

Robbied196":1r2jryod said:
Might be worth checking Amazon as well. I've seen the same item cheaper on Amazon than Ebay sometimes :)

In this case the prices are deffo cheaper!

Seem to remember setting up an RSS feed for this sort of thing sometime ago when I was looking for certain items, not sure if it's relevant here but worth investigating.

Carl.

drcarlos":1vh5qag1 said:
Seem to remember setting up an RSS feed for this sort of thing sometime ago when I was looking for certain items, not sure if it's relevant here but worth investigating.

Carl.

Had occured, might give that a go.

John":1wrve2um said:
1210tech":1wrve2um said:

Good idea. Just setup a search on my android phone although sadly it won't let you specify seller. Any idea how instant it is?

As far as I can tell the alerts through the iPhone/iPad apps are instant

Back