my first yorkshire puddings ever!

^^^^^^^

Sounded yummy, so I'm reviving the RB baking thread.

Ey up Greenstiles what do you think, not bad for a softy southerner eh?

Although if you were to be critical (and I'm sure someone will be) it might be a little gungy, tastes good though :D

Attachments

• P9300436.JPG
    P9300436.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 330
Yorkshire pudding.

"A pudding and it's savory" Doctor Who Series 7 episode 4 "The Power of Three".

the secrets to great yorkshires is to have the batter well rested & at room temperature, the oil & tray smoking hot (literally to the point where it would melt your face if it spat at you) and most importantly is NOT OPENING THE DOOR until they are ready (and if you do, close it gently, if you bang it shut you'll knock the air out of them and make them sink) .

the other must is a dirty tray. buy a yorkshire tray. cherish it, love it, but never ever clean it. give it a wipe when its dirty but if you scrub it you will never get it back to where it was. the batter needs rough edges on the tray to help it climb!

oven at 200 for the initial cooking then dropped to 180 to finish them off for the last 3rd of the cooking time.

And you're supposed to eat them with gravy but nowt else, then when you've finished them eat the meat and veg from the same (gravy smeared) plate

Record in my family is 17 puds, then full roast, followed by sponge and custard...

greenstiles":kdigtj2g said:
sure my granny had butter and jam on them.......

I can believe that - not having any connection to Yorkshire, I found out for myself that left over good Yorkshire puddings are delicious with a bit of butter and some maple syrup or similar...

Back