Modernish Component Choice Help Required.

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Folks

My bike and component knowledge is pretty comprehensive...... unfortunately it doesnt extend beyond the end of 1994. :oops:

I have picked up a nice frame which is circa 2000/2001. It has a couple of XT parts on it (M750) which I am guessing is consistent with its age. Can any one confirm that as I will probably match in the remainder of the groupset.

I want to build the rest of it up with "XT" equivalent quality parts so looking for recommendations for seatpost, stem, bars, saddle, headset and maybe shocks that will fit the age of the bike.

Quite like Ritchey and Easton stuff but grateful for steers on what was good at that time.

Cheers

Ant :D

Can't go wrong with Race Face or Thompson stuff. I like Easton stuff, but it doesn't seem to wear well - the logos always end up looking pants.

What frame is it?

Dickyboy":27vuyn2e said:
Nice find - glad its only midget size or my jealous nature might have got the better of me :)

Well I'm never going to get to ride it ..I'm 6ft2. :?

M750/1/2 is the forgotten goupset - neither retro nor modern. Hence it's cheap! It also works superbly, and the derailleurs, at least, are lighter than their XTR equivalent.

I've been running the same M750 gears for years. They still work like new.

Yip going to stick with the 750 all round i think. The hollow cranks are really light. Just after a rear mech and some V's to complete :cool:

suburbanreuben":3dgyf4g8 said:
M750/1/2 is the forgotten goupset - neither retro nor modern. Hence it's cheap! It also works superbly, and the derailleurs, at least, are lighter than their XTR equivalent.

I've been running the same M750 gears for years. They still work like new.

Back