Gears parts & pedals for a project

A Warwickshire Lad

Retro Newbie
I'm building up a road bike project for - hopefully - peanuts and I need the following items:

1) A rear derailleur for 7-speed freewheel. Preferably shiny metal rather than plastic.
2) A downtube, band-on shifter for the derailleur
3) A 13- or 14-28 7-speed freewheel
4) A rear 700c rear wheel to fit the freewheel
5) Platform pedals and toeclips. Lilac toestraps on the off chance...

I don't mind grubby bits, but not worn out please.

Let me know what you have and how much including P&P to Warwick.

TIA

I can do you a rear mech, probably the band on levers - assuming you don't want indexing? Some mechs on my blog but I have others.

http://idonotdespair.com/shed-clearance-sale-40-years-of-bikes-and-bits-to-go/

Freewheel too.

Pedals - by platform you mean traditional with ridged plates either end to hold the clips, not something with a flat foot surface as well? If so I can also do something, depends if peanuta really means peanuts :)

Toe clips I think I only have MTB style plastic in large but I have a pair of Atom pedals, slightly rusty small Brooks toe clips and blue toe straps which came off a bike as a set.

Hi Kevin,

I did see your blog, but your gear is a bit over my budget and not really retro enough. This bike is only going to get very occasional use, so I can't afford to splash out. I did see your brakes collection and if you have a set of sidepulls going cheap, I'd be interested.

Regards,

AWL

Parts wanted

I live near Warwick, I have a new 7 speed 13-24 freewheel £15.00 , a huret derailleur set ( complete, all stripped and serviced ) front rear and band on shifters ( see in groupset pic ) £ 15.00 plus loads of other parts,
PM if you want prices / pics of anything else.

Attachments

• DSCF0400.JPG.jpg
    DSCF0400.JPG.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF0400.jpg
    DSCF0400.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 269
I'm in Warwick myself!

I'm tempted by the freewheel, but I'll hold on a while, as I really wanted the 28t bottom gear.

If you have a set of sidepull brakes, let me know. I'm OK for levers.

brakes

see the Weinmanns above? how about £15.00 the pair? Cleaned and shiny :)

I have a 14-28 6 speed for a tenner, but it's on another bike if you can wait a week or so?

PS what chainrings do you use? If 52/42 then you could switch to 52/39 and get a lower hear.
I'm 62 and get up most everything round here on 39/24. :)

Latest posts

Back