Yeti ARC-AS/LT (now with juicy swap options!)

Hi,

Before anyone jumps on me, I am just throwing out this idea:

Inspired by Silverfish, I decided to build a F.R.O just like him, then along came an ARC but alas the wheels were set in motion and the bike was already half painted. (Silverfish, I am sorry about the crank).

As a few people replying to this thread know, :) I have too many projects and so I need to share the wealth.

So what I have is:

17.5" inch 1988 Agoura Hills F.R.O. freshly pro-painted computer matched team turquoise with computer matched yellow accutrax. It has not been built up since paint.

Round top tube, more modern gusset and dropouts. To my knowledge this was not repaired but came in this unsual pattern. There is no serial number. Also interesting is that it is a really early example of the dart, after scraping the original paint, we saw that this was original and not an aftermarket job. I decided to just keep the dart when I repainted it to pay homage to the original bike and keep its soul.

This bike has race history and placed 13th in a national or something back in the day. When I bought it, it was covered with race stickers.

Comes with a BB that fit an XT crank.

I also have the Velocal decals with the UV finish. Some people dont think they are good, but I think they are nice decals and they cost alot.

I just offer it for your consideration.

If you want me to delete this, I can.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Yeti fro.jpg
    Yeti fro.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 571
I was told the other day, by someone that sells Yeti's, that they measure their seat tubes C - T as the physical length of the tube not to an imaginary level top tube.

That means mine has aprox 17" seat tube. (23" top tube).

It also has no serial number - what does that mean?

Hi Spwal

Thank you for posting this up and the offer.
That's a very interesting FRO you have there and if I didn't already have one I'd be very interested.
All the best! :)

Hi Didg

I'm not sure about your question as I've struggled to find serials myself.
I suggest you post this question up in the 'Chat' section or even better pop a few pics of the bike in the 'Readers Bikes' forum - I'm sure someone will help out.
Cheers! :)

Your FRO looks great Spwal! :cool:

I love patinaed old race bikes covered in stickers, have you got any pictures of it before the resto?

Back