if you need a helping hand

no1- send your picture problem of your bike to me

no2- i try to send you free pictures /advice back in return

easy .

Any help is always appreciated, welcome to the forum. Now, how do you release a stuck seatpost without knackering the seatpost or the frame?

highlandsflyer":1wmz3huz said:
My piles are playing up.

What should I do? :)

:)

Looking at the pics snapper has posted – looks like a pair of multi-grips and some lemon juice for those piles :shock:

ok here

O/A soak
11221360.jpg

then

11221361.jpg

11221362.jpg

done

twist pole clock wise /anti clock wise ....while having a mate hold the frame still ..

tap your seat post away from the frame /then turn

turn /tap/turn /tap.
you may apply a spray lube ...but in all the O/A seems to do the job .

:D

for less post lengths extended there are other methods

we can call it O/A = oxalic acid ....

it is used in removing stains in raw wood poir staining /painting wood

11222172.jpg

this product is a powder form acid vinger style base

we use even a basic acid here in juice in lighter rust removal

as above in bearing s

purchased as powder /liquid mix at your top paint stores ..

Thanks very much snapper. I'll definitely give it a try.

I've already tried soaking in Areo-Kroil and using vise-grips, and even drilling and inserting a jack handle and then using a 24-inch cheater pipe on the jack handle while stabilizing the frame by gently stepping on it while it lays on a thick rubber mat. I can see the frame flex while I apply torque back and forth, but I know not to torque it so much as to deform the frame. I've thought about the hammer trick (same principle to using a slide hammer to remove dents from a car), so I'll have to add that to my seat-post removing repertoire.

Here's another idea that I've had: I recall seeing some venetian-blind cleaning procedure within the past 15 years or so whereby the venetian-blind assemply is immersed in a bath of water, and then vibration caused by high-pitched sound would cause all the dirt to be removed and float away. I wonder if the same would work with rust, specifically a stuck seatpost in a bike? Just speculating here, but does anyone have any experience with that type of equipment? I haven't thought thru all of the physics involved with such a procedure, so I apologize in advance if it sounds like a fruitless endeavor.

Back