more bargain hunting

dansim

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
found this on another forum got it for 70 quid quite pleased with myself its 2006 norco kokanne it will do for my winter bike plus time to start upgrading whoop whoop

Attachments

• norco.jpg
    norco.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 367
Dunno if it really needs hydraulics. A properly greased cable, especially in full-length housing like on your bike, won't have much friction and certainly won't suffer from snow/mud/cold/water.

Perhaps hydraulics are better when it comes down to all-out stopping power, but for winter riding I personally would prefer something that's easy to maintain and adjust, and that won't start leaking if the bike falls over and lands on its brake lever.

^^ hydraulic don't need adjusting, and if they fall over on the brake lever, and the lever breaks, then they are no worse than mechanical.

The only advantage I can think of that mechaical disc brakes have over hydraulic are price and not having to bleed them, ok so that is two, but how often do you need to bleed brakes? Only when you replace pads and admittedly on models that do not have a reservoir, it can be a rigth pain in the bottom to get right.

Latest posts

Back