Gaaaaaaah what frickin phone?

Barneyballbags":zva3360d said:
Nothing wrong with an iPhone 4 8GB. You could even get a 4S now for not much money.

They're available free on a lot of contracts now, they're smaller than other smartphones (3.5" screen as opposed to 4"+) and the camera is much better than Blackberry offerings such as the 9900. Battery life is also very good.

The only reason I'd choose a Blackberry over anything else is if I absolutely had to have a physical keyboard.

I'm not recommending an iPhone because I'm a fanboy - I'm recommending one because it fits the bill for what the OP wants. If the very latest features or most advanced operating system isn't a top priority, then it's a great choice.

Its pretty much what i'll aim for i think, Wifey actually has a 4S and its not a bad size, weighty bugger tho!

She previously had a Blackberry that went faulty (center pad sensor), and i could never get on with the tiny keys on it so it probably wouldnt suit.

I'll probably get myself up to the shop to have a look, just gone to upgrade online, only to find i have to call up anyway, i'd rather speak to a person face to face when it comes to something like this

Cheers!

Barneyballbags":1p8ctd2a said:
I'm not recommending an iPhone because I'm a fanboy - I'm recommending one because it fits the bill for what the OP wants. If the very latest features or most advanced operating system isn't a top priority, then it's a great choice.

thats pretty much what i've been saying about the iphone since its launch!!! its always been a step behind technically but 5 steps ahead from a marketing standpoint.

I personally wouldn't touch one with a bargepole, I don't know a single person who hasn't had issues with an iphone of any generation.

my missus had a similar requirement to you and to be honest, a 'basic' non touchscreen phone these days is either a £10 pay as you go basic brick with no features or your into smartphones at the low end (bottom of the range galaxy's, HTC's etc.) which from my experience are not worth buying as they don't have enough power in them to run the operating systems quickly. I had a galaxy apollo a year or so ago and it could take 30 seconds to open the address book!

If i were to buy a phone today & latest spec wasn't an issue, I'd look at either a blackberry bold or the last of the htc desires. if your contract allows it though, you can strip all the bells and whistles off a galaxy sII to give you all the basics but have handy useable apps downloaded to it & you will have enough phone to run everything quickly, have a very good camera & be future proof enough that you won't be worrying about software support in a year or so.

I would advise against a Blackberry as web browsing is beyond crap. They're only selling point is excellent email for corporate use and free messenger for kids.

There are plenty of smaller smartphones available but they are usually missing some of the functionality of the bigger flagships. However it sounds like they would be perfect for your needs.

GSM Arena have a really good tool for searching for phones here

Something like the Samsung Galaxy Ace may suit your needs.[/url]

Xperia U or P would appear to meet your needs and run on current hardware platforms not 2 year old ones. The cameras in Sony and Nokia phones are better than the competition and as it's a requirement I would look at Sony before you buy anything else.

Carl.

The Samsung Galaxy Pro is alright, small, GPS, bright screen, full internet, email, android etc etc.

Shite camera, tiny keypad for fat fingers

brilliant wifi tether/ mobile hotspot

old. cheap. just like me

11x03078n73bawdmsbn.jpg

Back