Gaaaaaaah what frickin phone?

not_fat_matt

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Im eligible for an upgrade, lucky me. TBH my Nokia N5800's starting to show its age and a few features are a tad intermittent, its not great for internet and the plan im on doesnt suit.

Went to the local tesco omnistore tonight to have a nosey at the smartphones (mainly S3 & HTC one) - shocked how big the phones are, and basically ruled them out straight away, now im not really sure smartphones are what i need? I dont really want a phone i can watch a film on, i dont need to use one to store masses of music on.

After something that i can use to call, text, has a decent camera, and when i need to use the internet, can handle it properly, just as important is decent battery life, and something that fits easily into my pocket.

Any recommendations :)

Yeah good luck finding a decent sized phone now!
Bigger is better it would seem.

Nokia have always had good cameras. Im not much help here at all as i havent been on the phone ball for a year or 2 now when i realised i only use mine for the odd text and call and mp3 player.

Most have reasonable cameras now. Maybe go look in some other shops or look online at some decent ones and check the dimensions? Most handle internet pretty well now too.

2nd hand Blackberry would need BB services on your contract for full functionality, just in case you buy a phone to flog.

Nothing wrong with an iPhone 4 8GB. You could even get a 4S now for not much money.

They're available free on a lot of contracts now, they're smaller than other smartphones (3.5" screen as opposed to 4"+) and the camera is much better than Blackberry offerings such as the 9900. Battery life is also very good.

The only reason I'd choose a Blackberry over anything else is if I absolutely had to have a physical keyboard.

I'm not recommending an iPhone because I'm a fanboy - I'm recommending one because it fits the bill for what the OP wants. If the very latest features or most advanced operating system isn't a top priority, then it's a great choice.

I had on old Windows Mobile phone, put me off ever using Windows on a phone, so I'll not give v8 a chance.

Wife has Blackbeery and loves it, fast if you do a lot of text based stuff. Camera is good too.

I have an iPhone 3, it's slow, to work and slow to use. Apple seem to have multiple presses to do simple things, but it looks nice and shadows and fades oohhh smooth so smooth I'm not noticing how long it's taking to do something simple. Phone functions are poo, and annoying. Camera is poo.
The apps work, mostly are crap, but work, because Apple sandbox them. I wanted to dev. an app but Apple make it so I need a new Mac to compile on, therefore I now hate apple.

Android, will be my next phone. Galaxy is nice, easy, good camera, good audio and app. dev. is something I'm learning now.

Back