Anyone feel like Paypal is trying to steal their identity?

Corduroyboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I am getting sick of jumping through Paypal's hoops. Their latest request is for a copy of my bank statement and a copy of my passport. For f***'s sake, it's not enough that they are robbing me blind with charges, but they want to take over my life as well, otherwise prevent me from spending my own money! I am close to the point where I tell them to F*** OFF! :evil:

Anyone feel my pain and want to vent their anger at Paypal?

(Paypal - you're not my f***ing pal!)

I think it's the legal issues for them in preventing money laundering that's the problem. My bank recently asked me to give them ID (I've been a customer for 23 years) for anti-money-laundering regs.

Inigo Montoya":jfavijzz said:
strange...
i guess you're not using a credit card for your account?

No my Debit card and Bank Account.

Also, when your balance reaches a certain level, you are required to sign a disclaimer which basically states that in the event of Paypal going tits-up, you will lose your money, because it is electronic! :evil:

Corduroyboy":3gs61edt said:
Also, when your balance reaches a certain level, you are required to sign a disclaimer which basically states that in the event of Paypal going tits-up, you will lose your money, because it is electronic! :evil:

Empty it regularly then ;) Once mine gets to £200 I transfer it all into my bank account.

Why are they asking for Passport and Statement details?

When buying/selling car parts i've had some sizeable balances and the numbers that have gone through my account since opening are pretty big. Although i've had the warning about the keeping high balances, they've never requested such personal information? :?

That sort of info should only be required by a lender.

The last time I withdrew a large amount of cash - (to pay some builders)

My bank asked me lots of 'money laundering' question - "if they must know - The monies were for my sex change opperation."

They stopped bother me after that - but my butch mate who was 'minding me' got a a few funny looks. ;)

O yeah - paypal sucks - they just decided to move me over to 'echeques' even though I had enough money in my account to cover my purchases = 10 days delay before sellers receive their payment :evil:

Back