3 Peaks in 1 week

The Mountain Weather Information Service is forecasting rain, 30mph winds on the tops gusting to 70mph and cloud base at 300m. It may be a long day.

zigzag":3ewsar2u said:
' There were 512 finishers in the event, with Ed Edwards crossing the line in last place with a time of 6hrs 55mins 39secs. '

That's the central conceit of my write up rumbled then! Still, had plenty of time to think of alternatives on the 5 hour drive home......

Well I'm bruised, battered and broken. A burnt out shell. That was one of the hardest races I've ever done, my hopes were to complete it and I did, afterwards I wondered if I could have found where I could have made up those 3 mins to go under 6hrs but I couldn't. And even at that I felt I cycled well, just couldn't walk/climb with the bike for toffee. A classic race with epic conditions, its hard to describe how crazy it was up on those summits. Something I'll never forget and mibee will never do again, just mibee though :)

ededwards":3ens03ou said:
zigzag":3ens03ou said:
' There were 512 finishers in the event, with Ed Edwards crossing the line in last place with a time of 6hrs 55mins 39secs. '

That's the central conceit of my write up rumbled then! Still, had plenty of time to think of alternatives on the 5 hour drive home......

The Lanterne Rouge ....An honour !! :cool:

Back