Dialled Alpine SS

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just acquired an 18" Dialled Bikes Alpine frame on ebay.
Bit of a bargain, as they're £395 new and I got it for £120 :D

I've been riding and enjoying my Dialled Prince Albert for the last year or so, and I'd heard that the Alpine was similar but even more fun + the benefit of extra standover height and 853 tubing over the PA's 520.

The frane arrived on thursday and a couple of evenings swapping the bits over from the PA and it was ready to take out for it's maiden voyage today.

Size wise it's an 18" compared to the PA's 19" frame, 0.5" shorter top-tube at 23.25" with the same 71* seattube, but a slightly slacker head angle of 68.5* (the PA is 70*) So pretty comparable.

All I can say is superb :cool: uphill, just as good, especially with the Pikes wound down to 100mm, and on the downs it just flies!

That looks really nice mate. Never ridden one, but those who do seem to rate them very highly.

What dropper post is that? I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy one at some point as I seem to spend a lot of time faffing putting my seat up and down.

I really like it, getting a hankering for a trail tail.
The thing is, you werent slow on your Prince Albert anyway...

Dropper is an x fusion? I do recall you saying you were going to get one or just noted the point that you needed one.

Ah, I was really tempted on that, it was a great price, thought the buy it now for £150 was cheap. Have you seen Kaiser's on here? He has a nice build too.

Really nice, and good build. Hope to see it in the flesh sometime.

Looks good that, quite fancy one myself.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting him to say yes to my cheeky offer!

Post is an X-Fusion - 100mm drop version. Seems to work pretty good so far.

Here's the PA when I first built it up - it changed quite a lot:

I'm tempted to do something whacky with the frame.......I've got some Magura HS66 road levers that would work with Julie brakes - so maybe a drop bar, disc braked, rigid forked single speed :LOL:

ajantom":2ul9ugt8 said:
I'm tempted to do something whacky with the frame.......I've got some Magura HS66 road levers that would work with Julie brakes - so maybe a drop bar, disc braked, rigid forked single speed :LOL:

Sounds interesting... exactly as above but with suspension forks please :cool:

Sounds interesting... exactly as above but with suspension forks please

We shall see.......I've just ordered some Salsa Woodchipper bars, so watch this space :twisted:

Thats right nice that is & a great price too, quite fancied getting an 18" Alpine in the purple flavour but think Ill have to break my Prince Albert before I could remotely justify it :LOL:

Back