Cycle Lights

scarrabri

Devout Dirtbag
Hi i have been looking at some Cycle lights that would look good on my Raleigh Banana ,but i was very supprised when i came across this .

There is a grey area which the other customer mentions.

No Led Lights in the UK meat BS Standards, if you ride home tonight and just look at every bike and you will see every bike used LED lights. The only legal lights in the UK are Halogen ones, the ones which use your batteries up within 2 hours. Look at every light set sold on Amazon and you will see EVERY ONE is LED. so the Police will have to arrest every cyclist tonight, thats approx 1.2 Million people in the cells tonight!

I have spoke to the seller and 800 units of these light have been sold this year and one one person have made a comment.

So dont worry as you will find that no one used the halogen lights any more, the law need changing to allow the LED lights as standard on bikes.

I have even seen policemen at night riding with these lights on the bike.
well the police wont like this

so the Police will have to arrest every cyclist tonight all 1.2 Million people lol best wishes Brian.

Hi has any one used one of these CREE XML XM-L T6 1600L LED Bicycle bike Head Light Lamp UK Version only i just bought one off Amazon for £29 so as to see whilst riding the canal towpath which scares the life out of me normaly ,best wishes Brian mines the 1600 one this spec is the 1800 one

Emitter Type: XML T6 LED Output 1800 lumens
Modes: High / Low / Strobe (high) with no memory
Run Time: 180 minutes on High
Battery pack: 1 x 8.4v Li-Ion 6400mAh Battery Pack
Battery Charger: 115v with LED indication for Charging (Red) / Full charge (Green)
Power Warning: Red Low Power behind tail click
Helmet Strap: O-ring mount
Head dimension: Light 43mm DIA
Weight: 118g (lamp head) 200gm battery pack : Total 318gm

Attachments

• 415GBxu05uL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    415GBxu05uL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 765
  • 415GBxu05uL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    415GBxu05uL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 765
  • 1800LumenCREEXMLT6LEDBicyclebikeHeadLightLampFlashlightLightHeadlamp2.jpg
    1800LumenCREEXMLT6LEDBicyclebikeHeadLightLampFlashlightLightHeadlamp2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 754
DAMN! I just gave all my old Ever Ready lights to the local charity shop.

Actually, I knew this already, and still have a couple of decent Cateye halogen lights that I use on my training bikes.

And I DID just give some old Ever Ready light to the local charity shop ;)

Very good lights. I use these on my daily commute from Tavistock to Plymouth. I did lose a battery pack after a year. Bought a replacement and I'm into my second season. These are blinding!

Martin Williams":2z9uzpnf said:
Very good lights. I use these on my daily commute from Tavistock to Plymouth. I did lose a battery pack after a year. Bought a replacement and I'm into my second season. These are blinding!

Hi ,oh good i am so glad they are ok and that you have had good results ,i always have trouble on dark nights on the tow path and end up following the rider with the brightest lights ,so that may be me now ,best wishes and thanks Brian.

I got a cree headtorch from Hong Kong via e-bay, gaffer taped it to my bars. It's like riding in daylight !!!!

Well it's very bright anyway. :D

bikemeister2000":1tlv3180 said:
I got a cree headtorch from Hong Kong via e-bay, gaffer taped it to my bars. It's like riding in daylight !!!!

Well it's very bright anyway. :D

Hi
It's like riding in daylight !!!! lol very good lol but thats enough you are killing my dream of i have just bought the best light source ever lol

Martin Williams":1lt58ogg said:

Bit of a trek? :eek:

Spokesmann":19s0rs88 said:
Martin Williams":19s0rs88 said:

Bit of a trek? :eek:

Wow, far and dark!!!

Back