MOTOR CHAT

No cruise control TK

Think what you see is the choke pulling thingy. Lower right of "ergonomic dashboard" :D

Right at the moment it barely idles, let alone cruises. 45 year old fuel line has collapsed :roll:

The Ken":337j74u4 said:
I had one for a bit, a 2A, loved it but it was a dodgy purchase, cracked engine block I missed, lasted 3 months, less of an issue for someone like you though mark.

Mr P I see you have the same "cruise control" as mine had, I used to lock in the hand throttle on the motorway and trundle along at around 50 :D

Mine had hand throttles in the same place as your vent opener? (next to that hose above the dash) but also another one on the passenger side :shock: I think they were meant for low gear winching but I used them at full speed on the motorway. No idea why my passenger needed one.

DSCF2924.jpg

I recon the hand throttle would be for use with a PTO if fitted (power take off) for powering maybe a hydraulic pump, farm machinery or making a winch run faster as you say.

Most HGV units have fast idle for use with PTO's (Tankers need them), my Volvo Globetrotter has a fast idle (done through the cruise control buttons)

jimihendrix":1gh4qley said:
Aye Iain, i've seen tidy Series 2A's and 3's for reasonable money but i'm after an ex MOD Lightweight like this one :), original spec ones are going for decent money.

I'd probably do away with the Tilt and fit a van back/roof on it for better security though.

Lightweight_zps3f310e2f.jpg

I used to drive one in Germany, We still had them on the books in 95 mind you it was gotten rid of not long afterwards great fun driving it along to the wash point and everyone wondering what it was.

And If you perverts really need a Landrover our Regt is supposed to be getting rid of a load of 110's shorty as we are getting the wolf varient. They might be getting flogged off at ABRO in Stirling.

jimihendrix":fei1j6kj said:
I recon the hand throttle would be for use with a PTO if fitted (power take off) for powering maybe a hydraulic pump, farm machinery or making a winch run faster as you say.

Most HGV units have fast idle for use with PTO's (Tankers need them), my Volvo Globetrotter has a fast idle (done through the cruise control buttons)

Gold star.

:)

Got my Rover engine block back from the reconditioners, block was pressure tested, thoroughly cleaned, bores honed, new core plugs, cam bearings checked, crank checked and journals polished, new big end and main bearings supplied.

Crank and mains were fitted though the crank will need to come out again as i'm going to install a stud kit in place of bolts (studs are stronger).

Very pleased with the work, going to give them the cylinder heads in a couple of weeks (once i've bought a new cam as that will need machined too)

SAM_0462.jpg

SAM_0463.jpg

Back