Show us your GIANT

1997BlackC5":1u2zr14u said:
Mick O's said ''1997blackc5 and wowtimmo yer bikes are in really good shape too what years are they ????''

Mine is a 1998 (or possibly '97) Box Two & it started life looking like this:

11240029.gif

However a powder coat & some old skool club Roost parts & it ends up looking a bit more 'up-to-date' I think.

Btw lov'in the Bronco, there are some very nice Giants on here already. A brand I feel that gets possibly overlooked slightly when we are searching for that late 80's early 90's retro ride in favour of the more 'exotic' Kona, Orange, Yeti etc etc......

thanks Mick, not sure on the years yet of mine,think the escaper is 92 and the stone breaker is 93 but if someone can confirm that or tell me how to then I can update but for now I'll just assume its true what owners have said, theyve no reason to lie really on this sort of thing

My 1997 Giant MCM980 is it's original guise.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Although i think it is a bit of a looker it has since been modernised (see link in sig) and looks and certainly rides far better for it :cool:

Inzaman":23r2hrz2 said:
My 1997 Giant MCM980 is it's original guise.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Although i think it is a bit of a looker it has since been modernised (see link in sig) and looks and certainly rides far better for it :cool:
I so want one of those, great looking bike IMHO.

ishaw":25d9r3ab said:
I so want one of those, great looking bike IMHO.
They are a great looking bike, according to bikepedia they were £2.5k back in the day :shock:
I love the frame and since it's modernisation i do get comments about how nice it looks etc. I took it to the Peaks retro ride the other weekend and it was comfortable all day.

I was torn whether to keep it standard or not when i first brought, but having purchased it predominantly for it's lovely frame and lines and then riding it in it's standard form i found the Judy XC quite flexible (although being a relatively light rider), the rear original shock not up too much so thought what the heck i love the frame and i will continue with the modernisation.

Tazio":3mzr35da said:
Crazy weight, almost 2Kg lighter than my modern road bike.

cheers fella.

If I could find some silly lightweight cranks for a good price, I could gear it and keep it to 7kgs ish..

Back