pauldesjour

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi I'm Paul from Telford.

Have always cycled and over the years have amassed a collection of frames, parts etc but until now not had time to build them back up. Just started a new job which gives me more spare time so got looking on google and found this site.

Current collection includes....late 90's Marin Bear valley...Thorn Tandem...1980's Stumpjumper rigid....Alan alu road....Rourke 531c....Airborne Thunderbolt road....Stan Jones 531c....Mezzo D9.....80's Marin Pallisades Trail ....Raleigh Twenty and a Graziella Tandem with sturmy hub gears and brakes which I rescued from duty as a garden ornament.

welcome! Show us some of the bikes when you've learned how to post pictures, a great collection there :)

Robbied196":sxo3vcsi said:
pauldesjour":sxo3vcsi said:
Stan Jones 531c

Welcome aboard Paul, you're just up the road from me :)

I only discovered the other day that Stan Jones did the Tour de France!

Are you referring to the Stan Jones who (I think) had a shop in Shrewsbury? I'm not certain that this was the same SJ that rode the Tour. However, I'd love to be put right if it is!

The SJ that did ride the tour didn't last very long in it. Along with most of the domestic riders in the GB team they were woefully under prepared and couldn't manage the pace or the roads.

Old Ned":2no2u1ew said:
Robbied196":2no2u1ew said:
pauldesjour":2no2u1ew said:
Stan Jones 531c

Welcome aboard Paul, you're just up the road from me :)

I only discovered the other day that Stan Jones did the Tour de France!

Are you referring to the Stan Jones who (I think) had a shop in Shrewsbury? I'm not certain that this was the same SJ that rode the Tour. However, I'd love to be put right if it is!

The SJ that did ride the tour didn't last very long in it. Along with most of the domestic riders in the GB team they were woefully under prepared and couldn't manage the pace or the roads.

The one and the same :) His son still runs the shop in Shrewsbury, although its moved and is now bigger and better. It one of those bits of info that came via word of mouth, only I can't remember who told me now! Must have been a pretty reliable source as I had no reason to doubt it. I'll ask next time I'm in the shop!

Yes it was from Stan Jones old shop in Shrewsbury, they were selling some old frames off cheap so I got it for £30 complete with 531 forks. I also bought my Mezzo D9 folder from there and after a quick chain ring swop, rode it from Dover to Gateshead in 9 days in November 2010. The only bike that is built at the moment is a 90's Marin Larkspur which I picked up from Perrys in Wellington for £50 last year and is now wearing a set of Spinergy sr3 wheels which looks a bit odd but makes for a swift commute to work. I will be building some of the bikes up in the near future and probably selling and buying some stuff too.

This pic is my sons Airborne Carpe Diem titanium which I had resprayed oxford blue at Bob Jacksons in Leeds and built up with Athena 11 speed and Harry Rowland Campag / open pro wheels. I actually got the frame from Halfords believe it or not, they'd had it in the back room for about three years with a few scratches on it. I offered them £150 for it and they let me have it. Best bargain I've ever had.

Attachments

• 422607_377520742265130_100000216226980_1706324_857593112_n.jpg
    422607_377520742265130_100000216226980_1706324_857593112_n.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 306
Back