Local Cycle Jumbles 2012

electronicaeric":26q2ljs9 said:
I found this years York show disappointing,not much going on.Must have be the rain that put people off.It was a bit of a mud bath.Usually more going on.

Still managed to spend £30.00 though :LOL:

I went both days. first day to test out bikes for my son. and have a look around.
It's not as big as I thought it would be since they call it a 'show' and there wasn't really one.
Same few stalls in the tents each day, missed the auction though.
Hit the jumble though and spent a bit of money :LOL:

It seemed to have a roadie direction while trying to be a BMX/MTB show.

Weather didn't help and no idea what the rides where like.

Had a chuckle though when the reto/vintage 'show' changed the date on the old Raliegh after an odd chap had a chat with him tellin ghim it must be the wrong year as the forks where wrong and they where definatly original. oh the geek I felt after having that chat :LOL:
Shame we couldn't ride them.
We should set up a RetoBike show stand if they don't cost much.

FluffyChicken":1e6rqvxb said:
electronicaeric":1e6rqvxb said:
I found this years York show disappointing,not much going on.Must have be the rain that put people off.It was a bit of a mud bath.Usually more going on.

Still managed to spend £30.00 though :LOL:

I went both days. first day to test out bikes for my son. and have a look around.
It's not as big as I thought it would be since they call it a 'show' and there wasn't really one.
Same few stalls in the tents each day, missed the auction though.
Hit the jumble though and spent a bit of money :LOL:

It seemed to have a roadie direction while trying to be a BMX/MTB show.

Weather didn't help and no idea what the rides where like.

Had a chuckle though when the reto/vintage 'show' changed the date on the old Raliegh after an odd chap had a chat with him tellin ghim it must be the wrong year as the forks where wrong and they where definatly original. oh the geek I felt after having that chat :LOL:
Shame we couldn't ride them.
We should set up a RetoBike show stand if they don't cost much.

Did you get collared by the two older chaps selling their bike repair stand?
A 3 sized post that you sat the bike in upside down and you could spin the bike round etc.I wasnt convinced about only three sizes on the post,neither was my mate,so when he got home he made one himself from the piccys he took :LOL:

Just spotted this thread, Newcastle has a cycle jumble first sunday of each month (so the 7th of October) at the Cycle Hub cafe on the quayside.

Just a reminder that this jumble is on this coming Sunday.

Attachments

• ey2.jpg
    ey2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 385

Latest posts

Back