Any difference between Yeti and Accutrax forks?

Frank, it dont looks so

IMGP0457.jpg

It isnt my bike, its badbushido's from Switzerland

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/oldschoolracing/bicycles/1986 Yeti FRO -Bed-/?start=all

whoa, seeing that pic of the cap with no hole gave me shivers. That is a really old one, from the bikes made in San Fernando or Burbank. When I started welding the forks, I was gradually allowed to make subtle changes (as mentioned) Among those, was using a vent hole. Since John lived near the beach and salty air, he wanted the frames "sealed". I was welding fast enough to need an additional vent hole (later to be filled). Dare I say it might pre-date FTW?

Funny story: Before I worked for Yeti, I was a BMX production welder for Mongoose (actually a contractor C&L welding.) and was welding over 150 forks a day with no problem. I was getting paid $1.50 each and making very good money for the day. I also worked in engineering and could design and build nice fixtures. Specially for forks.

When I first met John, who was making Yeti forks one at a time, I worked using his methods (NOT production friendly) for a couple of days and made a deal with him to make forks for $25.00 each (labor) With him thinking I could make one a day.. LOL. I was able to make 100 forks the next week and his bill was $2500 ! (perhaps 4-5 weeks wages for the average worker) I ended up making a deal and secure position with an awesome company for my efforts.

ftwelder":33505brr said:
whoa, seeing that pic of the cap with no hole gave me shivers. That is a really old one, from the bikes made in San Fernando or Burbank. When I started welding the forks, I was gradually allowed to make subtle changes (as mentioned) Among those, was using a vent hole. Since John lived near the beach and salty air, he wanted the frames "sealed". I was welding fast enough to need an additional vent hole (later to be filled). Dare I say it might pre-date FTW?

Funny story: Before I worked for Yeti, I was a BMX production welder for Mongoose (actually a contractor C&L welding.) and was welding over 150 forks a day with no problem. I was getting paid $1.50 each and making very good money for the day. I also worked in engineering and could design and build nice fixtures. Specially for forks.

When I first met John, who was making Yeti forks one at a time, I worked using his methods (NOT production friendly) for a couple of days and made a deal with him to make forks for $25.00 each (labor) With him thinking I could make one a day.. LOL. I was able to make 100 forks the next week and his bill was $2500 ! (perhaps 4-5 weeks wages for the average worker) I ended up making a deal and secure position with an awesome company for my efforts.

thanks for this lovely anecdote :cool:

I got a reply from the seller of my round top tube fro, will send it to you.

cheers michael

Help with identifying Yeti fork

I've got a couple of Yeti/Accu-trax forks I was hoping to get some more info about...FTW, did you make these? I was told they were made in Durango, for Dean...any insight is appreciated, THANKS!

Attachments

• 100_0678.JPG
    100_0678.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 684
  • 100_0679.JPG
    100_0679.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 685
anyone else got a set of these ?
P1010078-1-1.jpg

only pair iv'e seen apart from a magazine article

Back