Energy Efficiency

It is more efficient to heat a house in winter by:

• Having the heating on twice a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having the heating on constant but a little lower than if its on twice only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8030617295_a1971ccea4_z.jpg

One of these mate. The boiler sits immediately behind it, in fact its almost part of it!! Chap was here only 4 weeks ago and thorougly cleaned and serviced it. Got all the certificates etc. it cefinitely works well, the hot water is on fire and the heating will go as hot as we like, just trying to work out how to be most efficient really. I think it heats blocks up or something inside it...?

Will definitely be keeping doors shut, turning valves off in empty rooms etc. Certainly wont have the efficiency of a new Worcester and will report that water/heating mix up![/img]

Whatleymeister":yutmneyd said:
8030617295_a1971ccea4_z.jpg

One of these mate. The boiler sits immediately behind it, in fact its almost part of it!! Chap was here only 4 weeks ago and thorougly cleaned and serviced it. Got all the certificates etc. it cefinitely works well, the hot water is on fire and the heating will go as hot as we like, just trying to work out how to be most efficient really. I think it heats blocks up or something inside it...?

Will definitely be keeping doors shut, turning valves off in empty rooms etc. Certainly wont have the efficiency of a new Worcester and will report that water/heating mix up![/img]

Nice beaver!

If the boilers been opened then that's cool. The amount of bbf's i go to that have never been opened is frightening. The fault is probably just a faulty motorised valve, but they usually fail like that due to the system needing flushing out.

Dyna ti- you're doing it wrong methinks you need a thermostat.

turn on the heating and keep the house & you nice and warm.

A cold house will have many problems. I've lived in to many houses where the owner wouldn't turn on the heating as they were to mean. So every room had damp and mold. Nice

Electric heating here and it only goes on at the screaming end, but it should be warmer this winter given I have filled with expanding foam the two inch hole under the window where the sill has rotted away. There is a boiler but I turned it off as all it did was heat water for the kitchen tap and a kettle does that when needed. I just need to fit some curtains across the doors now to make this place a bit warmer for the winter.

Sure I should contact the landlord regards the faults, and I have but they not interested so I make do and besides the rent is cheap and has not gone up in seven years of living here. But if they don't sort the window sill out the tenants association will and bill them a cost they won't like, because if the sill totally fails bearing in mind it is two thirds rotted through, the bay window in the flat above will be affected if my window follows gravity.

Latest posts

Back