What the chuff have I bought?

NeilM":hbpjq9xv said:
Old Ned":hbpjq9xv said:
In the UK in CTT events you can basically ride what you like outside a few basic restrictions (eg - no discs on the front, rims no deeper than 80mm). These do not include dictating wheel size so you can still ride lo-pros with 24" front wheels or even a Moulton. It's only UCI controlled events that have the draconian restrictions on what you can ride.

That's worth knowing, as I'm currently looking at a couple of lo-pro frames.

It's probably best to check out the regs that do apply here -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

Not many - but they do tend to adhere to them - and the clothing ones!

Old Ned":1vrckstr said:
NeilM":1vrckstr said:
Old Ned":1vrckstr said:
In the UK in CTT events you can basically ride what you like outside a few basic restrictions (eg - no discs on the front, rims no deeper than 80mm). These do not include dictating wheel size so you can still ride lo-pros with 24" front wheels or even a Moulton. It's only UCI controlled events that have the draconian restrictions on what you can ride.

That's worth knowing, as I'm currently looking at a couple of lo-pro frames.

It's probably best to check out the regs that do apply here -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

Not many - but they do tend to adhere to them - and the clothing ones!

Checked the regs and no problem with different sized wheels.

O/P sorry to side line your thread, I think the frame is stunning.

NeilM":x4rvr2j1 said:
Checked the regs and no problem with different sized wheels.

O/P sorry to side line your thread, I think the frame is stunning.

No problem! I bought it as a first dedicated TT bike, I'm quite glad nobody else has managed to find reasons I shouldn't use it in CTT races (I had a look through the BC and CTT regulations and couldn't find anything that ruled out 650c wheels).

Does anyone know why triathlon rules are different? Is it something to do with drafting being permitted?

Back