2012 Cycle Show

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just been to the Trade day and a very mixed bag. Good if you're into road bikes, electric bikes or BMX, but not a great deal of mountain bikes. The demo track was open for road bikes but not for mountain bikes? Not as many major manufacturers as I thought might be there. No SRAM or Shimano, except for a small Dura Ace stand, who couldn't answer a question I had about a problem on the 7800 brake QR.

Best bit for me was chatting to Gary Fisher and getting a signed poster for the workshop. He knew all about Retrobike and his old pals who contribute to the site.

Disappointment at the Bikebiz awards last night where we were up for Workshop of the Year, but lost out to TFTuned. Can't complain though, they're out of our league technically.

To cap it all a round of beer at the NEC Hilton came to £13.50 for three pints :shock: :shock:

I am SUPER well chuffed .... my boss went today and got me a signed poster of Jens Voigt !!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

yeah i'll be there tomorrow, even if i wasn't taking the bike for the Demon stand i'd still probably go just to have a nose. got to book a hotel for friday night yet!

gerryattrick":2spqj1aq said:
Just been to the Trade day and a very mixed bag. Good if you're into road bikes, electric bikes or BMX, but not a great deal of mountain bikes. The demo track was open for road bikes but not for mountain bikes? Not as many major manufacturers as I thought might be there. No SRAM or Shimano, except for a small Dura Ace stand, who couldn't answer a question I had about a problem on the 7800 brake QR.

Best bit for me was chatting to Gary Fisher and getting a signed poster for the workshop. He knew all about Retrobike and his old pals who contribute to the site.

Disappointment at the Bikebiz awards last night where we were up for Workshop of the Year, but lost out to TFTuned. Can't complain though, they're out of our league technically.

To cap it all a round of beer at the NEC Hilton came to £13.50 for three pints :shock: :shock:

I agree. very little mtb presence, but i presume the players are waiting for the Core show in the new year.

i did like Garys "King of the Mountains Tie though"..!

daj":1s8ixvyd said:
I am SUPER well chuffed .... my boss went today and got me a signed poster of Jens Voigt !!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

To be honest every time i passed the stand there was a que for Jens Voigt signings, and gary was stood there looking a little lost...! :cry:

Back