S&G Araya Muddy Fox 1983/4

Unclejack":105qxoys said:
and mine is in the post to me as we speak! btw what dates on the cantis? and also on the mech?

No date on the rear mech but the cantis have on the back of them

12 83 then a circle with a squiggly like through followed by 5882 then 980-L uder that Japan.

Crank arms have Sugino Forged Japan 170 and stamp of D-3

what a beauty, can't wait to see how it turns out..
does anyone know how to read the serial number on these bikes, mine is ARY#496113?

so MADB are you reading that as making yours no 599 , made in Aug from the 8, year as 1984 from the 4, with Dec 83 canti's on and a march 84 crank? I suppose another option is June 84, from the letter code "F"?
Suntour code would be Z = 83 and A 84 iirc.

Unclejack":1o7julkq said:
so MADB are you reading that as making yours no 599 , made in Aug from the 8, year as 1984 from the 4, with Dec 83 canti's on and a march 84 crank? I suppose another option is June 84, from the letter code "F"?
Suntour code would be Z = 83 and A 84 iirc.

Yep makes sense to me :?

Loving these, brushing up nice as well :cool:

main.php

Rio":2tshju6h said:
very cool! what tires will you be using?

I haven't a clue at the moment, the rims on the wheels I should be getting are well used, so much so I would not use them. So I would be happy to get a display set of anything that looks like its from the 80's. A set of muddy fox tires would be great but I'm not going to hold out for a set.

Unclejack":9o0iv00u said:
Wow, they're nice. :D Do you have a bench buffer set up, or do you just have supple wrists?

This is the part of the build like most and the part I like to get out the way also....... :?

Clean with Engine degreaser (as that all I have) then a bit of Autosal (or the cheep stuff from ASDA its just as good) on green scotch pads, scrub like hell and then buff up with an old T shirt, have a cup a tea and admire your work. :D

MADB":271dyp3k said:
Unclejack":271dyp3k said:
Wow, they're nice. :D Do you have a bench buffer set up, or do you just have supple wrists?

This is the part of the build like most and the part I like to get out the way also....... :?

Clean with Engine degreaser (as that all I have) then a bit of Autosal (or the cheep stuff from ASDA its just as good) on green scotch pads, scrub like hell and then buff up with an old T shirt, have a cup a tea and admire your work. :D

main.php

Latest posts

Back