Anybody here ever buy from craigslist uk

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Im pondering if I should make a 10 hour round trip to buy something off craigslist. The whole idea of it makes me nervous though...ie meeting a stranger with a massive bundle of cash in my pocket. Do any of you chaps actively use the site and if so what are your experiences?

Where do you have to go? Maybe a member could check it out for you or even accompany you. I can do around Southampton/Portsmouth/Winchester if its any help?

Funny one, I suspected it was too good to be true, advertised in london but actually in shetland! Type into google craigslist uk shetland scam, its where all the skanky bikes that dont really exist appear to live!
Makes me wonder if the tricky chap in question is on here mind, he seems to have a decent understanding of what he is pretending to sell.http://london.craigslist.co.uk/bik/3268639780.html

^^^ most of the scams are real.

ah yes, ye olde shetland island scam - a couple years ago there was 2 paris of WB speakers (le grand cheese will know about them) advertised and both were by same seller who lived on the shetland ilses. i suggested going up to collect them but seller iniseted on posting them :? when i asked if it was a scam, seller responded that it was not since he has a wife and children so couuld not leave them to go to prison, yeah ,like i was born yesterday. :LOL:

Back