1992 GT Karakoram

Yeah not a particularly complimentary review to be honest it was up against the Eldridge Grade and Giant Cadex.

I will get Fluffychicken to scan it when I see him at the weekend and post it up.

Yeah I have the same one I think but someone's cut the pics out :evil:

Chris the pads need bringing in yet and a bit of adjustment but here's a quick pic anyway,

IMAG0340.jpg

They look very nice Lee, the chill pills look cool too.

Tempted to slip you a few quid over the winter to stripe my forks :LOL:

chrisv40":2he3mz13 said:
Tempted to slip you a few quid over the winter to stripe my forks :LOL:

It really is easy, 1 spoke, 1 warm tin of hammeritish paint and hey presto,
the more I look at the forks the more it winds me up, the stripes are too wide compared to the rest of the bike, I might add some slim stripes to break it up a bit :?
its nearly there I will post a pic up when she's finished
Lee.

Me and paint aint a good combination Lee ask my Mrs :LOL:

Have you messed front wheel placements in the 3D forks any more?

Yeah it's really nippy and agile set closest a bit of a pig at high speed though, in the middle it feels a bit like the 91 version but that might be just set up? and sort of touring mode furthest away (not my favourite) but it likes to ride really straight in this set up, I will have to measure the wheel base on the 91 and compare with 3d fork setup,

jimbog":2o136mwb said:
Love these bikes. Wanted one in my youth :)
well there's always coming up for sale at reasonable prices, I love em too :D

mrlee":1nsmgo0k said:
the more I look at the forks the more it winds me up, the stripes are too wide compared to the rest of the bike,

i wasn't gonna say anything.. but yeah, they are a bit thicker than the rest of the bike.. maybe you need to think the paint a little?

I'm contemplating doing a "splatter" pattern to some accessories to get some of the same late 80s early 90s vibe :)

Back