Sussex Mini Meet - The Aftermath...

Forgot to say if anyone wants any of the images high res PM me with your Email address and the description of the image and I'll ping them over to you ;)

I had a great day...now which way is home?

2374562547_9069f8f619_o.jpg

Remind me again why U brakes weren't more popular ;)

2375396326_fe7c7d44f7_o.jpg

Once again another great ride. It is good to see the clan is growing with new faces.
It was quite fitting that the weather held out for the first day of 'British Summertime' for everyone to enjoy the views across the downs rather than the grey mist of the last few weeks.

Crash of the day goes to Heathy's 'Dancing on Ice' impression in the woods.

The best leadership skills go to ProflexMadChris for controlling Wu's sense of direction and random ETA times by suggesting that we cut out the 20min climb that in Wu time continuum takes 2mins to climb.

Big thanks to Snooks for playing David Bailey for the day.

So... what do people reckon to a two day RB extended ride in this area mid summer?

StevePSD":85k3hll7 said:
So... what do people reckon to a two day RB extended ride in this area mid summer?

Sounds like it should be arranged around a beer festival!! ;)

I'll be up for it...I think... I'll see how I feel tomorrow first :roll:

Wu-Tangled":a3ohccs9 said:
*Green Rabbit's good grace at us all after being left for dead in the woods after an initial recce to find him when we didn't back marker that well. :D

:D

but my way to the cafe was 10 mins.

I would have let you know sooner but I could not find your number in my phone, then realised it was not under Gus but Wu-Tangled.

Thanks for another great ride, and sorry for being so slow.

StevePSD wrote:

Sounds like it should be arranged around a beer festival!!

Yes and Yapton beerex in May and the worthing Beer Festival in October/November.

Great ride yesterday chaps, lovely weather (shame it wasnt on the reports so we all didint wear jackets, tights, waterproofs etc :roll: ) and fantastic to meet so many of you :cool:

Tip top trails Gus, worth the 8 hour round trip, would love to do them in the dry (my 1.8's didnt like them, sorry mattbrown for my slip that I saved but you went down as a result :oops: )

Thanks to MadCowKev for breaking my journey up and being my taxi for half the trip, much appreciated, the guys a star ;)

Hope you all like the tiffin, the photos certainly look like it :D

Made it home at 8.30 last night, after a 5am start so I was fairly pooped last night and couldnt face cleaning the RTS......maybe mid week I'll attack it ;)

Heres to the next one :D

Great day out chaps .

could have ended badly after southern train decided to cancel all trains to london .
we managed to find one and after much waiting and trains , managed to get back home at 9pm . :evil:

never mind , a great day out .

I know i've already posted on the old forum, but thought i'd put one on the offical close of play.

Thanks for a great day out, and technical support from you all on the little problems (there were many) with the new build!

Sorry to say i didn't see many of the funny parts of the ride, they all seemed to have passed by the time i was up with the rest of the group.

Well done Wu on the lead, and yes i think you should question your fitness when Fritz can pass you up hill in the state he was in!

Definetly up for a weekend session in the summer, bit of group night riding as well.

Feel sorry for those that didn't get home till late, by 8pm i was all cleaned up, bike and all and sitting down to a nice roast beef dinner!

The Salvage Tech":3cqvli4c said:
Feel sorry for those that didn't get home till late, by 8pm i was all cleaned up, bike and all and sitting down to a nice roast beef dinner!

Home 9.45 :twisted: Trains :twisted: give a car any day

Back