Disc brake adjustment...going mad!!

I still cant see beyond the worn bushes / linkages because if it was flex it would have flexed from day one. I don't think this era Marn's are the stiffest design ever, but you would have noticed the rub from day one.

Have you got a local Marin dealer you?

So an update...brake was rubbing up until a few days ago...I've been in france and with the bike on the bike rack on the back of the car I drove through torrential rain for best part of a day...when I went out on the bike yesterday...no rub...no creaking linkage...and seems to be ok at the moment! I did have a look at the bearings in the linkage and they are running a little roughly. The bearings are only covered if you are the original owner (which I am not) so it looks like £70 for a new set of bearings although I'm loathed to touch anything as its all working ok at the moment!

You are nto the original owner but if you live near the marin service place, take it down and just say you misplaced the receipt but read about the replacement scheme. They may just be nice enough to do it for you.

cyfa2809":1qel14xg said:
You are nto the original owner but if you live near the marin service place, take it down and just say you misplaced the receipt but read about the replacement scheme. They may just be nice enough to do it for you.

Hi

I tried contacting ATB sales but got no reply...I live not far from a Marin dealer, but how would I know if they were a "service place"?

The only way you'll get caught out with that is if the original owner filled in the warranty card when they bought the bike, which will allocate that frame number to a certain name and address.

However, the shop I worked in a while ago sold Marins and we never had any issues getting replacement bearings from the importer. Pretty much any Marin dealer should be able to get and for youths replacement bearings.

So and end to the tail hopefully! Went to my local Marin dealer (who know I am not the original purchaser!). They got on the phone to Marin who are sending out a replacement bearing pack and they didn't even ask for the frame number or proof of purchase! Bingo! So a free new set of bearings and £25 to fit them and hopefully it should sort it once and for all! The guy in the shop said Marin were the best on aftersales care. He said we have real trouble with Trek and Cannondale tho...

Thanks for all the help and advice guys hopefully this is the last of it!

Wook

Ah see! I was expecting something like that. Some brands still are like that and well its marin.

...its going to be a week or so for the bearings to arrive and then I need to book in the bike so we'll see...My love for Marin's just keeps growing!

Back