Burglary

Terrible. Upsetting.

Maybe you shouldnt put whatever has been changed up on here n case they have managed to acquire personal information or put some together and found you on here?

REKIBorter":3rjq7zi2 said:
If you have euro cylinder locks make sure they replace them with high security locks

FD1F97AB-03E4-4845-88A7-BFA2B6602E49-809-0000011C95B9B2CA.jpg

CISA high security lock well and truly defeated. Locksmith who came said he'd never seen anything like this destroyed so comprehensively. The other half of the lock is missing, along with the bottom half of the door handle. Locks were flush with the handles all but 1-2mm; I bought the correct sizes.

cyfa2809":2m5tvj1e said:
Terrible. Upsetting.

Maybe you shouldnt put whatever has been changed up on here n case they have managed to acquire personal information or put some together and found you on here?

No real point, unless I take my stuff out of the house they will still find it if they know it is there somewhere (which they do). It's just a case of delaying these scumbags for as long as possible so someone will either notice or it scares them away.

doesn't matter about lock types if neighbours don't check when they hear a noise

i locked myself out my house and broke in without one person asking what i was doing

most people don't want involved when they hear a noise

Few years back when I got done they broke in to my shed on a Saturday afternoon, then hacked their way through my back door with an axe they took form the shed.

Neighbours just thought I was doing DIY and didn't investigate the noise.

Took loads over 5K's worth, even did stuff like cut the strings off my powerkite, thankfully they did leave the kids room alone.

I felt dirty and uncomfortable for a year or so and it took 3 years before I realised I hadn't been leaving the house on the weekend anniverary of when we were burgled.

Since then I'm fine but I do now have a million ways in my head on how to dispatch a burglar should I come across one.

Have the security firm install 'vipers' (with individual activation indication/handy if you have two or more on one zone and one starts playing up/from memory you can also set them on 'double knock-handy feature)) on a loop onto the door...they also work off frequency (besides shock) and so digging out of putty/beads/jemmy or simply drilling will catch the activity before they enter, they've then got to gamble whether a calls been made, might be an idea to go the full hog and have another viper installed to the window in the room the external door is sited in
http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=142

Leaving £60 to be purposefully found along with a box of cheaper than chips costume jewellery is not such a daft idea...they'll not be carrying guitars when they think they've just earnt....so to speak.

PS if you go Viper mad and have them installed to all suseptable perimeter entry points (any motion detectors already installed can stay for the empty house activation) then your Mrs/fillie can have the system 'on' whilst bathing/sunbedding etc whilst your out/away.

Vipers are going in as a prerequisite. I'm considering "installing" some real vipers as well :twisted:

Good idea about the cheap jewellry and small cash sum though. Mind you they missed the £200 in £2 coins on the mantlepiece...

Back