59cm road bike complete or just frame

Pyro Tim

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys

Have a mate looking for a 59cm road bike complete or just frame. Budget is around £250-300

What have you got?

Cheers
Tim

Pinarello Sestriere

63cm seat tube
58cm Top Tube

I'm 6ft 3.5 inches tall.

Geometry available at: http://velospace.org/node/25768

She is now equipped (photos below) as follows below: several changes have been made from the Velospace pics.

I'm asking £325 collected or £340 posted.....I'm in East London near Stratford , as she's in great condition excepting a ding I put in the Top Tube whilst at a cashpoint machine. It's unsightly, but doesn't affect her handling.

She's well equipped in terms of componentry, as I have priced to sell rather than profit.

Frame / Size / Year:
Forma 25CRMO4 steel tubing / 63cm seat tube centre to top / 58cm top tube centre to centre / year 1995
Handlebars / Stem:
44cm Deda Speciale/ 130mm 6 / 84 deg Thompson Elite X2
Fork / Headset:
Pinarello steel / silver BBB
Wheels / Hub / Rim / Tire:
Campagnolo Scirocco CX / Campagnolo Scirocco CX / Vredestein Fortezza Quattro Tricomp 23mm
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Shimano 105 Compact (175mm) / Hollowtech
Saddle / Seat Post:
Fi'z:k Arione / 330m Thomson Elite Setback
Pedals / Chain:
Look Keo Classic
Shifters / Derailleurs:
Campagnolo Veloce
Brakes / Brake Levers:
Campagnolo Chorus
Gearing / Chainring:
50-34 / 12-25

History
I bought the frame, as new old stock, in June 2010 when I decided to go back to running at least one steel bike. She was built up with a Campagnolo Veloce groupset. I changed the crankset to a Shimano 105 compact after 7 months or so, as it is a lot stiffer than the Veloce Crankset, and I am a seriously powerful rider.

She is without doubt the best bike I have ever owned, and I've owned 17 so far in my life! Being steel, she's indestructible, and you can see for yourself that the paintwork is beautiful. There's a ding on the top tube, where muggins here stopped at a cashpoint and she fell against the corner of the wall. This happened in September 2011, but makes no difference to anything but close up aesthetics. As you can see, it look worse close-up than from a distance.

If I hadn't just bought a 1993 art decor Colnago Master Olympic frame and a Ridley Noah, I'd not be selling her!

Being steel, she's not as light as Alu or Carbon, but is far more durable and comfy. I have even managed to get her humming along at 40mph on the flat (for a few metres anyway!) I describe the experience of her, especially with the Scirocco wheelset on, as riding a fast travelling armchair. Uber comfortable, and she always turns heads.

She has a 63cm seat tube (centre to top) with a 58cm Top Tube (centre to centre). In May this year I upgraded brakeset to a Chorus set (new old stock) and the stem to a Thompson Elite S2 to match the seatpost, and put a brand new Campagnolo Scirocco CX wheelset on her. Last month I put a set of brand new Look Keo Classic pedals on her.

With the Scirocco CX wheelset on, which are very durable, she has an aero wheelset that means she has a great straight line speed once you get her going. If you've ridden steel before, then you know how wonderful and experience that is emotionally and physically. I'm getting emotional here, but I'm strange that way!

This is what she looks like now. She has a clip on rear mudguard to be used on any days when you get caught in the rain.

She is available as is, minus saddle pack, computer mount and computer.

pinas1y.jpg

pinas2.jpg

pinas3.jpg

pinas5w.jpg

Back