Storage heaters

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Went to turn on one today and it started warming in the day time ! it's an older Creda type....antone know why please ? and can i reset it ?

I thought that was the idea, they store the heat during the night on Economy7 and its there to be released during the day? :D

They have no timer on the outside as such...just a knob to lift the vents ans a dial 1-6 which i assumed is how many hours you want it on for......perhapstheres a timer inside...there a bit old i think

greenstiles":3tg0vuau said:
They have no timer on the outside as such...just a knob to lift the vents ans a dial 1-6 which i assumed is how many hours you want it on for......perhapstheres a timer inside...there a bit old i think

Yeah, it will probably have a timer inside.

I thought it was supposed to run at night when electricity costs were cheaper.although rom what i gather storage heaters are really expensive to use :?

They'll be a timer on your main consumer board by your meter, this activates the storage heater circuit at the preset time.

cheers, checked the clock on the board and it's 1 hour and 15min slow......their gonna come out and have a look cheers everyone :D

You know you've done yourself out... If it comes on early then all the better! Means you get cheaper electric sooner

Latest posts

Back