Time for a new smartphone? Any Ideas

galaxy s3..it's their new version and it has everything now unlike the iphone which always holds something back to get the addicted to get next years

the android system doesn't tie you to the supplier in the same way apple does

Blackberry if nothing other than emails are important

I've been using Android for a few years and seen it totally catch up if not over take, Apple software and hardware. It's wonderful having a quad core processor, lots of memory, lots of storage but you know what?

I mainly use it to make phone calls, text people, take photos, browse the internet, look at facebook and twitter and annoy people by double posting on Retrobike.... In other words, don't believe the hype, try a few out and make an informed decision, you don't need to go top end to have an enjoyable experience. I would still be using my Desire HD if it hadn't died conveniently at the end of contract!

I had a lumia for all of two hours before it froze, which to be honest i'm glad it did as it was already driving me insane.
I returned it for a gallaxy which id easier to use though to be honest I think most smart phones do most things well.
But they're all rubbish as phones.

Its true in what they say, my BB 9700 has survived everything and is still up and running. Sadly its outdated in terms of browsing and apps. Hey, but at least I can run all up to date apps with a really old OS, try that Iphoners, that and multitask! ;>
I would go with samsung.

it depends on what you want out of a phone, if you want to make calls, play games, takes photo,s facebook and all that stuff then....throw a stone. how much do you want to spend?
16 quid a month gets you an s2 which a year ago was an awesome phone (and still is)
25 quid a month gets you an s3 with enough data/text/mins you will need
30 quid a month gets you an iphone 4s with probably enough of what you need
46 quid gets you an iphone 5 with well nothing really more than any of the above other than the 'kudos' of being like 20 million other people who have just bought one because "its the best iphone yet" (untill june next year for the 5s ;) )
i dont think you would be disapointed with any of them although you may question why your paying 46 quid a month for nothing extra.
i got a galaxy note on a 21 quid a month contract. same screen as the s3 but bigger, same processor as the s2 but faster. same memory as the iphone but expandable. and i dont have to go through itunes telling me the film i just downloaded cant be played. (yes it can its just apple wont allow it)
good luck with whatever you buy, it will be a moot point in 6 months time anyway :D

i had this headache a few months back and found that phones are all the same now, i got a htc desire c, it was cheep and actually fits in my pocket

Back