Digital Slr's

SPESHMIKE

Old School Hero
I need a decent camera for a little project I'm working on, a catalogue with lots of close up pictures in it. Can anyone reccomend a camera suitable for the job I have been looking at a Canon EOS 400D with a 18-55mm lens kit. Would this be ok? Do I need any other len's?

Depending on the closeness of the close up, you may want to consider a macro lens. We use 400D's at work (with both the standard 18-55 & macro lenses) and they are superb quallity, I highly recomend them.

Tbh, take your self off to jessops and have a play with one using a macro lens and see what you think compared to the 18-55mm.

I am after a new camera aswell as clips on battery cover gone on my one and does me head in using with tape, Normaly Fuji range but dont know what to get this time around

If you're after a Canon, there's a Canon outlet on ebay, my mates just bought one cheap from there. I went for the Nikon D80 and i'm now on a very upward learning curve :?

Mike,

Canon outlet on ebay can be very good.

If buying new look at these two:

www.warehouseexpress.com - (big warehouse type but very good and usually the cheapest).

www.parkcameras.com - (small town shop mixing it with the big boys and actually doing a very good job at it and VERY knowledgable)

400D's are good. All the current Canon SLR's are to be honest. That 18-55mm lens is a bit of a cheapo bung in the package lens. As said above, look into a specific macro lens - there's no substitute. Many lenses say macro on them, but actually have a go in a shop and get a better idea first.

2nd warehouseexpress, thats where i got mine from, following recommendations on here and other places

Back