1992 GT Karakoram

Nice one Rich :D

Lee I've just received the Dec 1991 Mbuk in the post this morning and it has their original review of the 92 Karakoram.

Love it Mrlee! Cant wait to give my 92 Avalanche a thrash!

Would love to hear the differences in set up on the 3D forks.

Anyone know what the rear drop out adjuster is for? All I can seem to do with it is make the axle wonky :LOL:

the_duke":486dv6bx said:

Anyone know what the rear drop out adjuster is for? All I can seem to do with it is make the axle wonky :LOL:

According to the Mbuk review the drop out adjuster is to align the rear wheel correctly which unless Gt built misaligned frames seems fairly pointless :?

chrisv40":1pnth69p said:
the_duke":1pnth69p said:

According to the Mbuk review the drop out adjuster is to align the rear wheel correctly which unless Gt built misaligned frames seems fairly pointless :?

It's in case there is a temperature differential between the drive and non-drive stays ;)

Update time, managed to get the front campy canti's working, im just re-painting the flipflop stem and then im going to add the blue chill pills and re cable the brakes for winter, also I have been painting the elite bottle cage to match the tequila sunrise paint.

Firstly I masked up the bits that I didn't want paint on and sprayed it white, then added the fluro red and then the fluro yellow once that had dried it was back to the skewwer effect,
IMAG0333_zps752b21ce.jpg

IMAG0337_zps883fca29.jpg

IMAG0338_zps7141831f.jpg

as soon as it's back on it's wheels I will post some more pics,
Lee.

Hi Chris, no it was karma from harrycrumb its been drilled for a canti brake so its having a quick bodge untill I can get to a welder, seems a shame to waste it,
Lee.

chrisv40":1hewj3al said:
Nice one Rich :D

Lee I've just received the Dec 1991 Mbuk in the post this morning and it has their original review of the 92 Karakoram.

not the kindest of review i thought
seems someone had a wee problem with gt's at the time of writing
not even a colour shot of the most striking bike in the test

Back