Hand brazed British Steel: Orbit 531 circa '90

I think this is going to build into a nice bike. :) Always liked Orbits - that blue one that went on eBay not so long ago was a really nice example too.

was8v":14334s5u said:
I can't believe it - the BB grease was dried up but the bearings and races were immaculate.

Some types of grease have a corrosion inhibitor in them which keeps going after the base oils have dried up.

nevadasmith":1jh4rxsn said:
Always liked Orbits - that blue one that went on eBay not so long ago was a really nice example too.

That now belongs to another member on here - but I don't think he has posted any pics yet!

Interesting to compare the angles to the ex-nevadasmith '89 IBOC Team Tange Prestige http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197563&highlight=, top tube length is the same, head angle very similar but with taller head tube. The main difference is the Orbit has a much steeper seat tube, putting the BB further back and increasing wheelbase by an inch or so.

Inspired by LGF's Overburys, which has a very similar design of frame:http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=773787#773787

This is going to the powder coaters next week, and will be totally orange - frame, fork and Tioga T-Bone stem probably RAL 2011. I have knocked up a few decal options based on the original logo which I will get printed up - not sure what to go with......I like bottom left the best, but perhaps it looks a bit too "Kona", maybe go with bottom right.

6w8cW.jpg

That's going to look great mate :cool: I think you need to use one of the designs on the right hand side (probably the bottom one) for your decals as they are more authentic looking.

Sorted a T Bone stem off the classified here :)

Finished the decals and colour choice....I think ral 2011 rather than 2008 below.

pW5jTl.png
OEMqzl.jpg

(Edit: Hope LGF doesn't mind my mockup using his bike!)

This is going to look lovely mate :cool: Don't suppose you could do me some T-Bone decals?

raidan73":izb5ni8o said:
This is going to look lovely mate :cool: Don't suppose you could do me some T-Bone decals?

I'm not sure how well they are going to come out TBH as I have traced and tidied bitmaps, but I will try and fit some onto the sheet for you. Getting them all printed onto clear vinyl.

Back