So sad :(

incorrigible":1pop4mtl said:
I've always wondered about that Elvis. Ever listen carefully to the lyrics to Jailhouse Rock?

Number forty-seven said to number three:
You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
I sure would be delighted with your company,
Come on and do the (*wink, wink*, nudge, nudge, finger quotes) "jailhouse rock" with me.
Well, let's ;) "rock".

Hey, I'm not judgin', and I'm not sayin'; I'm just sayin', y'know what I'm sayin'? :LOL:

What homosexual?

Retro Cat":38m5p56i said:
incorrigible":38m5p56i said:
I've always wondered about that Elvis. Ever listen carefully to the lyrics to Jailhouse Rock?

Come on and do the (*wink, wink*, nudge, nudge, finger quotes) "jailhouse rock" with me.
Well, let's ;) "rock".

Hey, I'm not judgin', and I'm not sayin'; I'm just sayin', y'know what I'm sayin'? :LOL:

What homosexual?
Hey, I didn't write the lyrics. Interpret them as you will. :LOL:

Retro Cat":33fcrf4j said:
incorrigible":33fcrf4j said:

Well, let's ;) "rock".

What homosexual?

I dont think any1 really knows what those lryics are all about
Strange anyways,best put it down to a different meaning of certain words

dyna-ti":1o7b421r said:
Retro Cat":1o7b421r said:
incorrigible":1o7b421r said:

Well, let's ;) "rock".

What homosexual?

I dont think any1 really knows what those lryics are all about
Strange anyways,best put it down to a different meaning of certain words
All joking aside, I think it was just an innocent time in (American) history. Elvis had just made his television debut on the Ed Sullivan show a year earlier, and America was in love with all things Elvis. Within the next few years, so many songs and movies were produced (including Jailhouse Rock) that I suspect the songwriters were putting stuff out there as fast as they could to fulfill demand for movie soundtracks without putting too much thought into it. I seriously doubt there was any ulterior motive from any songwriter, or any meaning intended other than "Hey! Let's everybody love Elvis!" so the music and film industry could make a profit.

I still think it's funny, though, and in my entire life I've never heard anyone else draw attention to those lyrics, so I guess it's just my satirical mind at work: always looking for a laugh. :LOL:

i think we are all missing the point here. some one has lost their companion.
RIP Elvis.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnpqRzF6U09oM2hHU1Y2UnJyY1Z1SUEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Latest posts

Back