Color Co-ordinating Builds

In the past I didnt bother my ass, but hanging around with the MacRetro mincers has caught me embracing the dark side (Color Co-ordinating Builds) Poof! :oops:

I am even starting to like garish ano. That is a real throwback, and I never liked it the first time around, nor the second!

I used to prefer my bikes covered in mud rather than jewellery.

We shall see, there are a lot of parts out there with a tasteful mix of carbon or stainless with just a touch of color.

I never liked the over the top schemes on some bikes, and even now find a lot of them puke inducing. Usually detracts from the things I love, nice geometry and beautiful welds, etc.

Lately though I have been looking at some of the more colorful Alpinestars and Funks, etc. and finding them extremely attractive.

:)

Although i said i use 3 colours, normally any ano is used as accents rather than block colour.

Anodized mostly works well with silver polished frames..with coloured frames it can get a bit wtf if over done

sylus":11wg5m9d said:
Anodized mostly works well with silver polished frames..with coloured frames it can get a bit wtf if over done

Works well with black or darker colours too IMO, but you need to be careful which colour of anodizing you pick.

Ano is alright, but I really like seeing colored parts (grips, seats, cable housings, brake pads, tires, fenders, pedal clips, and bottle cages) when done tastefully to complement decals or a paint job.

Color coordination is big in the fixed gear world of cycling, and for decades there's been a similar trend in the automotive world in regards to Hot Rods and Custom cars (and, more recently, neon and anodized bling in the street racer category), so why not in the retro mtb world?

In 1909, Henry Ford said you could have a Model T in any color you liked, as long as it was black.......Bo-ring! Now, over 100 years later, we really can have stuff in any color we like. so why not use it? BOTM submissions aren't done in black & white, are they?

With that in mind, I think it makes sense to post a link to this thread:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=222199

and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbKAh3zJmH8
BITD I used to listen to this album so many times that I think I wore thru the vinyl.....................um, "albums" were things that were recorded on vinyl discs that...........um, you played them on a "turntable" that was a machine that.............oh, nevermind. :oops:

Back