What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

After a week of not riding, due to weather, tiredness and sheer apathy, I have taken advantage of the unexpected good weather and just ridden around the outside of Weston-s-Mare on roads and cycleways.

I'll accept it was all tarmac, but it was on my Yates and it was damned good fun.

And once I've cooled down, I need to take some photo's of my STS, as I'm about to strip it down and sell it.... to help pay for something else a little more modern :oops:

Did 3 hours this morning, including short stops (37 miles or so I think - still not found a battery for computer - durgh). Wanted to get back to my old stomping grounds (Clent Hills) so decided to ride there from home. :) About six big, for me, climbs on the way (killer to get off the road to the bottom of the off road bit of Clent) but manned up for the hills and happy to still be in one piece.

Was fantastic to be back up Clent though, where I spent the large majority of my time BITD; not been back up since about 98/99 so was cracking. :) Funny how you remember all the rocks and trails so quickly.

Managed to drop the bike about a mile from home - attempting to bunny hop from road to pavement on last slow up hill bit and my dead legs refused to lift the rear end up enough... so classic back wheel hits the kerb and dumps you in the hedge. :D Mainly bruised ego though, so no harm done (bike's OK - which is the main thing).

All in all, fantastic ride and awesome to be flat to the saddle pumping my legs to hell at 40mph+ again on the way back to Hagley. :) The old bikes still got it. :)

(Looking forward to Long Mynd now).

Well done Paul, that is a massive ride to do on a mountain bike from where you live. You should fly around Long Mynd after this :cool: .

Cheers Chris. :) Fingers crossed for the mynd! Have to admit that the climb from the island to Nimmings nearly killed me... but it always did. (and quality ride home with all those nice sweeping downhills). Only problem now is that as my legs are slowly getting back I'm starting to get competitve again - saw a couple of guys about a mile ahead on the A456 (between blakedown and kiddy) and just felt the need to flick up a gear, get out the saddle and catch them. Idiot I am. :D

petitpal":29bhxnb4 said:
Have to admit that the climb from the island to Nimmings nearly killed me... but it always did.

Wow you really did man up for the hills, have an extra "well done" for taking the super hard route up :shock: .

I've just burst my track pump putting 120 psi into a tyre to try and seat it on the rim properly........kabooooom!....one part put a dent in the wall!.... :shock:

:LOL:

ooooww lots going on!!

Looking forward to the Mynd , Got my forks back from Tim so the Pace should be up and ready to go :D

Lucky you... had to service my Pace myself (good job Tim is so free and easy with advice :) ). Still getting used to them, tbh - ride quite differently to my old Mag 21s.

And feetabix... sounds... erm.. loud! :D

feetabix":1fuztufc said:
I've just burst my track pump putting 120 psi into a tyre to try and seat it on the rim properly........kabooooom!....one part put a dent in the wall!.... :shock:

Big guns :LOL:

Back