New Project for the wife to use in anger

rosstoward

Dirt Disciple
bought this today of ebay - '89 palisades, all original, little bit of fading on the bars, needs new rubbers and there is a little bit of corrosion on the top tube - all for the handsome sum of £32.

Cant pick it up for a week! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330794412875? ... 754wt_1271

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was going to bid on it, so nearly bought it and if i'd been around when it ended at £32 I'd have not worried about the drive but a 2hour drive for it seemed to much at the time.

Good buy, please keep it original, as it's in such original shape now.

'FREE YOUR MIND AND YO ASS WILL FOLLOW'!

rosstoward":2c286d41 said:
bought this today of ebay - '89 palisades, all original, little bit of fading on the bars, needs new rubbers and there is a little bit of corrosion on the top tube - all for the handsome sum of £32.

Cant pick it up for a week! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330794412875? ... 754wt_1271

Hey Ross

You wanna tell us about those Forks :LOL:
After looking at the listing on Ebay I just gotta ask about them :LOL:

Are you going to leave them as is :shock:

Full Ebay Listing cut and pasted below

VINTAGE MARIN PALISADES MOUNTAIN BIKE - 1989 MODEL - 19 INCH FRAME 21 SPEED, ALL ORIGINAL PARTS OTHER THAN NEW BRAKEBLOCKS FRONT AND REAR, TYRES ARE THE ORIGINAL MARIN PRO COMBO ITEMS ALBEIT THEY ARE A LITTLE PERISHED.
THE FRAME IS SHOWING SPOTS OF CORROSION ALONG THE TOP TUBE ALL GEARS ORGINAL EXAGE 300LX SHIMANO STI SHIFTERS ORIGINAL ARAYA RIMS GOOD PROJECT FOR RESTORATION, OR CAN BE RIDDEN AS IT IS ALTHOUGH WILL NEED NEW TYRES AS I SAY.
ANY QUERIES PLEASE ASK.
COLLECTION ONLY FROM RIPON AREA
THANKS.
On 19-Sep-12 at 21:50:09 BST, seller added the following information:
JUST TO ADD TO THE DESCRIPTION, THE YELLOW PAINT FINISH ON THE HANDLEBARS HAS FADED SOMEWHAT, AND ALSO ON BOTH FRONT FORKS THERE ARE YOUTHFUL MODIFICATIONS IN THE FORM OF ENAMEL PAINTED LYRICS FROM A PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC SONG TITLE, NAMELY 'FREE YOUR MIND AND YO ASS WILL FOLLOW'! :shock: :shock:
APOLOGIES FOR NOT INCLUDING THIS IN THE INITIAL LISTING.

IF ANY BIDDER IS NOT HAPPY WITH THIS PLEASE DO RETRACT YOUR BIDS

MANY THANKS.

You could start a whole thread on the weird and wonderful tag lines stuck on secondhand bikes, you've just got to post a close up of those forks when you get the bike, somehow I can't see Gill having a run on look-a-like repoductions.

Attachments

• Ebay Marin Palisade Free your mind and yo ass will follow.jpg
    Ebay Marin Palisade Free your mind and yo ass will follow.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 528
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seems to be a lot of interest in the early marins again...always good to see

Hmmm - the forks - even though I love the "Move yo ass" - Our lass isn't or no way resembles a Move yo ass person - lol.

I think i will be putting a single 38T or 42T ring on the front, 2 set of shifters would put her over the edge.

I'll be respraying all the Yellows - Yellow

I'll also be respraying the frame - where do i get the Matt grey and finish coat. Halfords?

Am new to this forum - anyone do Decals? seen them on ebay but only single colours - would want as close to original as possible.

Will post pick of the job as it starts friday night - also gonna involve junior (16) as I think its about time he learned some mechanical skill on the gold GT.

Ross

Back