Amusing anti cyclist rant in local paper

As car drivers would like us cyclists to pay road tax we should agree to it, then as we will be the only ones paying we can ride down the middle of the roads at 12mph and everyone else can f......................

;)

i liked the idea of a non cycling day.

all of us that commute to work on bikes decide to drive instead.

oh and churchill, or at least his govt, got ride of road tax in the 40's. its now ved and its based on various things such as engine size and emissions. i'd happily pay ved on bikes ;)

He also seems to be under the illusion that roads were created for motor vehicles. Whilst this is true of motorways, most other roads are re-purposed footpaths and horse and cart routes that were in existence long before the creation of the the car and later re-purposed. :p

Mark_h4dng":1r181m12 said:
Always annoys me when they say cyclists should pay road tax, I'm pretty sure all cyclists pay the same road tax as all band A cars, just don''t have the paper coaster.

:LOL:

arent all pre 73 cars also ved free and all pre 1960 cars and bikse soon to be ved and mot free?

xerxes":b5pe84nt said:
He also seems to be under the illusion that roads were created for motor vehicles. Whilst this is true of motorways, most other roads are re-purposed footpaths and horse and cart routes that were in existence long before the creation of the the car and later re-purposed. :p
And if it hadn't been for the Cyclists Touring Club campaigning after the first world war he wouldn't even have surfaced roads.

stewlewis":m51egxis said:

This says it all, great!

OurRoadsAutomobilesloomberg500.jpg

JamesM":1ue90egi said:
As car drivers would like us cyclists to pay road tax we should agree to it...

I have no problem with paying VED for my bikes as long as the criteria used to determine the annual charge is the same as used for motor vehicles.

We should lobby for it.

Russell":1zezkix1 said:
JamesM":1zezkix1 said:
As car drivers would like us cyclists to pay road tax we should agree to it...

I have no problem with paying VED for my bikes as long as the criteria used to determine the annual charge is the same as used for motor vehicles.

We should lobby for it.

Is methane measured as part of a cars emissions, if not then we're safe :LOL:

Back