Italian Post

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
Anyone with any experience? I ordered and paid for a bike from italy, given a tracking number which shows the parcel going from local post to Rome airport and then to Malpensa ( Milan ) where ( according to Parcelforce in UK ) it has been sat in a container waiting for dispatch since 10th September...

can't find a tel. no. on Poste Italiene site ( even if I could speak italian! ) and no response from on-line query.

All clues ( aside from going to Milan with a big stick...) appreciated! :roll:

I've bou can traought a couple of frames from on the continent (France) where you can track them through Parcelfarce.

It's quite common for there to be an information black out and then for you to log onto their site and discover that it's out for delivery that day.

I'd hang on a few days and assuming that the seller has organised the shipping contact them as that is who your contract is with and also they'll speak the language.

Yeah, i've had stuff turn up in a couple of days from Italy, this one is stuck in a container in Milan... hmmmmm

Mine's been coming from Sorrento since Thursday.
Shipping says: shipping info received Sorrento...............

Said that for 5 days. Italy's gone to the dogs since Berlusconi got the boot :LOL:

Well mine's arrived this morning in the biggest box you could imagine.

Beautifully taped and full of packing beads. Bike in a bubble wrap bag all taped up, looked fantastic.

I thought it was a little strange that I couldn't see the front wheel in the box.

So I undid the bubble wrap bag and there was the beautiful Golden Olmo Competition HF bike from "82 in all it's mint condition, scratched to F... by the front wheel that had been rubbing it's spindle lock nut against it all the way from Sorrento!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And double CRY.

They must have used £45.00 on packing the Idiots.

See my pettenella in botm , same deal and covered in grime, blown tubs etc.. Hours of work getting frame sorted. My daccordi just arrived, sent on 5. th...will report after weekend...

Back