1991 GT Zaskar **Update**

Mossy":pk2sgdty said:
Strangely the BB is a 68mm rather than the designed 73mm. It looks like the face of the shell may have been machined. I hope that this doesn’t cause any trouble with the setup. You can see this when comparing the shell on mine with the same on Keithb’s Zaskar.

My '91 Zaskar is 68mm BB.

Nice job on the polishing, I'm looking forward to a point where I have time to strip the blue paint from my frame.

gm1230126":1cwk9e56 said:
Tomahawk kid":1cwk9e56 said:
Dont want to teach a granny to suck eggs but are you certain the frame is a 91? From the decals it looks like it could be a 93 .

Nice job on the polish BTW.

Those were once 94 model year decals that were on the frame. But as was said has to be made between the late months of 90 and August of 92 due to the u-brake and no hanger[/quote

Just looked at the things you've pointed out in the differences from U brake frame 91/92 & 93 canti frame ie, no replacable mech hanger & the brake bosses are different ,they have no spring tensioners . Also the Chainstay strut changes from a plate to a tube. I've just checked the frame decals on my 93 frame (07934627), they have the exact same colour as Mossy's Frame.

I have some time this weekend to put the decals on. Can anyone provide the approximate dimensions to position correctly?

Also, Im after some white '3D' decals for the forks, can anyone help?

Cheers, Mossy.

Tomahawk kid":2dvt0udf said:
...I've just checked the frame decals on my 93 frame (07934627), they have the exact same colour as Mossy's Frame.

Sounds normal. There's a pattern of frames produced later in the year sold the year after with the following years decals.

eg 0891... frame -> sold in 92 with 92 decals.

Finally got the forks painted and applied the decals, fitted with a new XT HP M736 headset. :cool:

Raining outside so rubbish indoor photos will have to do for the moment.

P1040958_zpsb1871ad9.jpg

P1040971_zps33e129b6.jpg

P1040962_zpsf614c4d5.jpg

Looks perfect mate!

Latest posts

Back